PS3 on 4.86 and new OFW is 4.89 what should I do

Galexu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I tried to liberate my ps3 just yesterday and the OFW that it has is 4.86. (my ps3 is super slim btw)
When I went to see the current method I saw that just a few days ago OFW 4.89 is out and is giving problems to HFW and HEN.
So basically my question is, would it be possible to connect to PSN without updating the OFW with ps3proxy and then with that liberate it with HFW and HEN for 4.88 instead of 4.89 or should I just wait for the 4.89 versions?
Thank you.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There were changes to PSN so I'm sure spoofing is out. If you are just wanting to update to 4.88 for now then you can grab the update PUP for it. You can find it easily by googling.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to use PSN with HFW you'll have to wait.

http://ps3xploit.com/

7iRCKRg.jpg

Even when 4.89 HFW is available, I'll be staying on 4.88 as I don't care about using PSN.

Reactions: zfreeman

Galexu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah I updated to 4.88 then with ps3proxy I blocked ps3 updates bypassing 4.89 so I could log in and activate my PS3 as primary since seems thats a necessary step and then just installed HFW and HEN and have it now working perfectly
my only problem now is that it seems that the PS3 connects to filezilla from PC only with wifi when I try to use ethernet is impossible for me to connect to the PS3 even though it has internet
someone knows what could be causing this?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Necessary step? That's optional.

For FTP to connect, make sure it's using the same local connection (if using VPN, then turn it off).

Galexu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Necessary step? That's optional.

For FTP to connect, make sure it's using the same local connection (if using VPN, then turn it off).
its in the same local network
but when I use the ethernet connection for faster speed the pc cant connect to the ps3

Galexu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright I fixed it, after trying every possible thing I saw on the internet related to FTP, firewall and ports and goofing around in the router trying random shit I fixed it by enabling in my router a second LAN and DHCP and adding the ps3 to that one and after that Filezilla connected without problem

No idea why I had to do this whole ordeal to make it work.

unknown[1].png

unknown[1].png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: @HoTuan You'll need one that hasn't had its stock firmware updated in quite some time, for starters