Hacking ps3 old rogero cwf 3.4x to rebug 4.8.2 ???

bobi1978

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
could someone please help me with this. i have links and tutorials,but i am little confused.Ps3 is Phat 60gb storage Conzole is jailbroken,but....should i update first to OWF 4.8.2 and then hack it .or i just run update....need help please.links would be ok.thank you for help

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could someone please help me with this. i have links and tutorials,but i am little confused.Ps3 is Phat 60gb storage Conzole is jailbroken,but....should i update first to OWF 4.8.2 and then hack it .or i just run update....need help please.links would be ok.thank you for help

Is it definitely already hacked and what firmware is on there now?

bobi1978

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
its hacked. I played from multiman years ago . Its Rogero CWF 3.4x . ...Just wanted to update becouse of problems runing games with higher firmware . some games didnt work with customised eboots

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it was official 3.42 i think...i had usb hack. first hack.... going to look after i come home from job in 9 hours. and will boot up ps3 to know for shure...thanx for reply

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its hacked. I played from multiman years ago . Its Rogero CWF 3.4x . ...Just wanted to update becouse of problems runing games with higher firmware . some games didnt work with customised eboots

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it was official 3.42 i think...i had usb hack. first hack.... going to look after i come home from job in 9 hours. and will boot up ps3 to know for shure...thanx for reply
If it have rogero cfw already installed on 3.55 you can do a straight upgrade to the latest. But make sure you check first

bobi1978

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
thanx.... i have upgraded becouse move controllers did not work correctly at that time...have another question. if i want to upgrade hdd , becouse its smaller . do i need to add only rebug pup on usb stick, or do all over again?

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanx.... i have upgraded becouse move controllers did not work correctly at that time...have another question. if i want to upgrade hdd , becouse its smaller . do i need to add only rebug pup on usb stick, or do all over again?
Rebug is just a different CFW. If you do a HDD upgrade you need to have the update pup in your update folder on your USB. You have to install the same firmware you had originally on your PS3. So if you upgrade to the latest, you have to install 4.84.2 rebug. You install this via recovery. Power on console, keep holding power button. It will beep once, then double beep and power off. Do the same again but this time it will double beep. Release power button. You are now in the recovery menu. Install firmware here after HDD upgrade. That’s it. You will have to obtain all your content again and install / copy to new HDD

Last edited by jellybeangreen2,

bobi1978

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
awesome...if i am correct
1. instal new 4.84.2 rebug cwf
2. create backup of hdd content
3.replace hdd
4.install same rebug version via recovery
5.restore backup

in the backup....are profiles backuped inside or not?. do i have to exstract them seperatly

and thank you again for your time :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: