DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The 3Key team has updated their website to reflect the current stage of the ODDE for the PS3.
It seems that the final hardware is currently being tested in PS3's
Along with the software and ODDE addons.

Final hardware verification will start this week. All parts have been tested on development boards so no surprises are anticipated.
While built-in disk ripping does work, it is too slow to be practical and will not be present. There is another way which is much faster and can most likely be delivered in a future software update, but we will not have time to verify this before launch. So we decided to remove built-in disk ripping from the feature list and put it on the WIP list.
We have designed and completed software and a add-on board for connecting a PS3 drive to a PC via USB in order to dump games. This add-on board will be a part of the 3k3y kit.

Source: Tortuga cove

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ODDE is a Disc drive emulator yes.
Xkey is copied from the Wode (Wii optical drive emulator) and the 3Key is a copy of the Xkey (Xbox Key)
At first, yes.

3.50 Iirc is needed to get the keys, or any CFW.
But the 3Key team has said that their working on ways to extract the keys from newer firmwares.

I know near to nothing about the PS3 scene but the above is roughly what's going to happen.
So anyone with more knowledge on the PS3 ODDE or PS3 scene would give a far better description on what's going to happen ;p

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the WODE team isn't involved in this, then it won't be worth it in my opinion. I'll be comparing the standards of this to the WODE when it comes out. Starting price point, solderless or not, ease of upgrades, etc. WODE's spoiled me in all the right ways methinks.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Xkey is also solderless.
Has way more updates then the Wode.
Is roughly 80 quid for the PCB+remote.

Along with that it has a nice feature called ISO menu, which takes advantage of an exploit in the dash to use the picture viewer to load the ISO's
Eliminating the need to use the remote.
Along with that it doesn't involve having a jTAG/RGH to do that sort of things.

So if you're comparing this to the Wode then you might as well compare a Wii to a 360/PS3 in terms of functionality (stock functionality that is)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Backups and PSN.

I think I said enough lol.

But yes, this will allow backups and PSN without any nasty homebrew hack that may get patched and lead to a PSN ban.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This interest me a bit, but just for the sake of not needing to use discs on the PS3. Also the only reason why I'd think of getting a 360 would be a good price and a working ODDE (which both exist, but I don't have the time and money :I )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.