PS3 news from the Sony staff meeting!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, Nov 23, 2008.

Nov 23, 2008
  1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    [​IMG]

"Here's more juicy info from the Sony Staff Annual Briefing. We've already talked about what the company supposedly has in store for the PSP, so let's take a look at their rumored PS3 offerings. Remember, we're keeping this tagged as a rumor until we hear the official word from Sony.

According again to Legends, the anonymous source who leaked the news about the PSP ports of LittleBigPlanet and MotorStorm, a God of War 3 trailer was also shown during the event. The results? "Everyone was pumped up."

The trailer featured Kratos, still very angry and still very very deadly, laying waste to cyclopes (that's the plural form) and skeletons using the Blades of Chaos. He then hitches a ride on an eagle, which he kills when he gets to where he's going. The trailer ended with Kratos looking up to what was presumed to be Mount Olympus.

All that was reportedly delivered with graphics that looked so good it was hard to tell if it was CGI or in-game:

Some of it looked like it could be in-game action because of the camera angles, but it all looked so good that it couldn’t be. CGI or not, everyone was pumped up by this. The anticipation is growing. God of War 3 could be amazing.

Trailers for Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 were also shown. The Uncharted 2 trailer looked about the same as the first Uncharted, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The Killzone 2 trailer, meanwhile, showed the character in the original trailer and a Helghan leader, giving a further glimpse at the game's story.

Finally, there was talk of possible price cuts coming our way next year. SCEE president David Reeves reportedly said that SCEE will become more competitive in terms of price by March 2009."

Source

2. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    still waitin for the ps3 "potential" to be unlocked.

3. Shabadage

Member Shabadage GBAtemp Fan

United States
    WarHawk 2? That's the only game I play on the Ps3, and the only reason I'll buy one (Used to play WH on my roommate ps3)

4. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    So.. nothing new really :/

5. DarkRey

Member DarkRey still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!

Croatia
    yep nothing new yet
    and killzone 2 trailers are getting on my nerves now...
    every month we get a video of it rather than releasing the game. we could make a film by putting all the trailers togheter!!