Hacking Ps3 JB Guidance Needed

Zora_182

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Guys, I hacked a fat ps3 about a month ago; enjoying it so far!

I'm no noob to hacking in general. However for the ps3, most (if not all) guides and info seems dated. I see alot of guides that are as old as 2009...

I'm running Rebugs 4.46 CEX, have multiman running and managed to get some ps2 going as well.
Here are some of my questions.

RECOVERY MENU?
-I would like to know if there's any recovery menu I should be aware of? For psp and wii there were, I can only assume there is such a thing for ps3. I backed up whatever had the word "backup" in multimann but that's about it.

THIS SOFTWARE IS .. not working ..
-I figured out how to run back-ups, so that will def. not be a prob. however, some homebrew give me black screens or error screens. I know there's Eboots made for 3.55 and assume that could be a factor. Is there such a thing as a Legacy loader of some sort or even an eboot fixer/spoofer/whatever?

HOMEBREW
-What apps and Games do you suggest? This would fit in the Homebrew category. I downloaded Super Mario War and was wondering if anyone had suggestions for good party/multiplayer games.

Other than That I'm happy to be aboard the GBATEMP forum.

Thanks for any help provided Guys :D

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
There is a recovery mode built into official firmwares by Sony. You may access this by holding down the power button until the system beeps twice. Alternatively, you may also boot into recovery mode via the Rebug toolkit.

Rebug has already released 4.65.1, and they will release 4.65.2 later which will address various bugs, including the PS2 controller sync issue.

As for software that is not working, you may resign eboots to 4.xx. Many tools exist for this purpose, so google eboot resign ps3 or something

multiMAN is a good file manager and has various other tools as well.
Showtime is a decent media player.
RetroARCH for old-school emulators.
CCAPI is a good on-the-fly debugger (and is pretty much the closest you'll find to a PS3 cheat engine anyway)

The PS3 homebrew scene isn't as good as the Wii's, so you won't find a lot of homebrew games...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: