PS3 Jailbreaker Gets Arrested In South Africa.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In Johannesburg, South Africa, one man's home has been raided by South African Police Service’s Commercial Crime Unit because of receiving complaints from South African Federation Against Copyright Theft. From the report, police found “various state of the art computers, circumvention software packages, jailbreak USB devices, PS3 consoles and hard drives” which were taken along with "fake" PS2 games and original PS3 games.
[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

EDIT: Thanks granville.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
You miswrote the title. Edit:
ph34r.gif

@Article, I get the feeling that this will happen each time more as time goes on.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Fixed that. I didn't know normal members couldn't change their own topic titles in USN though, guess i forgot.
tongue.gif
No problem, I feel more embarrassed that I put South America.
blush.gif

And thanks again.

Wiip™

Worth a penny.
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope He doesn't break out of His own jail. Get it.
wink2.gif

Anyway why would He have real PS3 games?
If He hacked the system he could have used fake games couldn't He?

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
in our country (not too far away from south africa), something like this either cannot happen or has extremely low chances of happening.
in fact, if a business has been found of selling copyright material that has been copied (ie. pirates copies of OS etc) then only the organization comes to catch them like MS.
I have heard only one case when a business was approached by a "spy" from MS who asked for OS and was told that they have the cheaper and expensive copy. After this they had to pay 1 million shillings or something (around 700$)

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No way that's all for personal use and this will be revealed as a shop selling bootlegs or jailbreaking/modding service.

shakirmoledina, I loled, MS wasting time in the middle of Africa, and that fine is laughable too, MS for the fail. I got a message for MS, instead of fining a business $700 US, maybe spend a few million on improvements to the country instead and do something productive.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im guessing he was selling them, thus why he got caught
and the article says its the first arrest when it is not (graf's house has been raided a few times and they confiscated all of his equipment)

and before people start coming here and posting after only reading the thread title about herp derp sony is arresting them, they arnt (which a person already did)
he got ratted out and then the local authorities made the arrest

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Now that I hear it fully it sounds slightly familiar