Hacking PS3 Jailbreak now ONLINE

pitoui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know there is a thread on this already but I know a few of you missed it.

If you install the new hex, your able to access PSN for online games, sync trophies, update rosters for sport titles, install game updates/patches and also access the PSN store. Downloads from the PS Store also works.

Works on these devices-

>Arduino (Duemilanove and Mega)
>AT90USB162
>Olimex
>PS3YES
>PSFreedom for Dingoo
>PS3 Break
>PS3Break 1.1
>X3MAX
>AT90USBKEY
>ATAVRUSBRF01
>AVRKey
>XPLAIN
>Blackcat
>Maximus
>Minimus 32
>Minimus v1
>Teensy 1.0
>Teensy 2.0
>Teensy++ 1.0
>Teensy++ 2.0
>Rockbox
>TI-84 Calculator
*This list was not made by me

Here is a video showing the PS3Break 1.1 working online.

Who knows how long this is going to last before Sony put their foot down.

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
...and then psn store sky rocketed
hrth.gif
so sony is thinking twice before removing it they will find a way to block games only...

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I want to see something come out to let burned discs play on the ps3. Then I could fully and without regret retire my aged, modchipped PS2. Hell, even if it only worked for PS1 and PS2 games (on systems with BC), that would be enough for me to be happy.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
codezer0 said:
Personally I want to see something come out to let burned discs play on the ps3. Then I could fully and without regret retire my aged, modchipped PS2. Hell, even if it only worked for PS1 and PS2 games (on systems with BC), that would be enough for me to be happy.

Ps3 games are blu-ray you know how much that would cost?

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice. can sony still tell if the ps3 has been jailbroken, or tell that it is running in dev mode or what not? quite interesting, still do not know if I want to jailbreak my system. If I do I should have a teensy somewhere from a while back.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, finally got my updated PS3 Break, and finished updating it to the latest available firmware
smile.gif

Now, I remember last time I was here, I had one of those "counterfeit" ones, and needed the original BM. Well, one of our fellow members linked me to this site that had it archived, and looked like it had some more on there. Now that I got a working, upgradeable model, I'm definitely looking to see if I can find some more stuff I can install and run this way.
biggrin.gif
Suggestions?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Netflix 4.2 doesn't work with the 3.50 spoofed PL3 ? (the one from nov 12th)

Is it a disk or an installable program ?
If it's a disk, it should be possible to dump it and edit the param.sfo, or use the latest PL3+a manager capable of editing param.sfo automatically.

wtfisausername said:
can sony still tell if the ps3 has been jailbroken, or tell that it is running in dev mode or what not?
They should be capable of detecting it.
I don't know if they require that you have a PSN account or not in order to read all your data.

The PSN license agreement says "We will read all your internal information from your console, your saves, your connected devices (the used jailbreak devices model), your played games, etc. etc. linked them to your account, name, IP, MAC, and give your info to third parties"
But if you don't agree to that, I don't know if they still store your activity. Maybe they still do it without your agreement, it's Sony...

I don't have a PSN account, and the only online access I noticed for the moment is for Firmware updates and Game updates.
But I didn't watch online sending activity everytime.

xraven13

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Wait so how comes it lets u go online when u are on firmware 1.41 .. Wow..

Anyway, this will be really easy to be detected by Sony cause they can just check your firmware and that its.. All non-pirate users will have the newest update :=)

What i am worried is that i used jailbreak before and installed the programs etc.. Then i sold the jailbreak without actually removing those programs and other stuff... I am on 1.5 now so i cant use jailbreak anymore...
Am i screwed ? I hope Sony will check firmware versions and not something else...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When using the hack, it change the firmware version report from whatever to 3.50 in the memory.
If you go to settings/system you can see 3.50, so Sony and PSN allow the connexion to their server. For the moment it seems to be the only check, but they will certainly make new checks to prevent firmware version spoofing.

About your case, updating to 3.50 with homebrew installed... yep, you are screwed until there's a way to hack/downgrade newer firmware.
But updating doesn't make you clean (even if you deleted all your installed homebrew), because all launched titles in the past are stored in a log file. Gaia Manager said it could clean this log, but there's no information how to do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol