• Start date
  • Views 1,534
  • Replies 13
  • Likes 5
D

Deleted User

OP
Dear tempers,

is it just me or is the PS3 system superior compared to the PS4? I'm still playing a lot of missed gems (3D dot game heroes right now) and the library is better in my opinion (more unique games and not the more of the same thing the PS4 so often provides). I still get a wow feeling considering this is a system from 2006 - and the graphics are not that far away from the current gen in some games.

What's more I prefer the look and feel of the console - only thing that's design wise better on the PS4 is the controller imho (which can be used on many games on the PS3 as well).

Just my thoughts - time to power on my PS3 again.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried going back to my ps3.... I picked up the controller and it felt like it shrunk..... The PS4 controller is just bigger so I just couldnt do it.

That system was a big part of my childhood. It does have a better library. Next gen games are just retextures IMO. I would agree that the library is lacking a bit. But I've gotten to the point that I just dont even want to turn on my ps3 anymore... With PC and ps4 I can basically play anything that I would want to play on their...

Battery wise on the controllers.... Idk what you are doing to your controllers but my PS4 controller lasts for days....

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nothing wrong with the ps3.
Did some rebuy of ps3 titles for ps4 and that was a complete waste of money (Last of us and uncharted series to name 2 of them). Picture wise I don't see that much of a difference.
The ps3 is still a very capable machine of playing some great games which are still exclusive to the platform.
Even the non exclusives play more then great and picture wise obviously better then the wii (I love railshooters and the house of the dead series and resident evil archives series are so much better on the ps3.... Even with the shitty move controller)
However the ps4 has its own great ones.... uncharted 4 and horizon down pops into my mind.
You need both to fully appreciate the ps catalog.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I've a PS3 but never use it although my 360 gets used more or less daily. Been checking out demos and playing them in their own fun way, yesterday I was playing Crash Time 4 demo and it lasted for over an hour as I just loved crashing into everything (though there is a 10min but it resets when you wreck the car completely). lol

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to mention the military took all the ps3 to make a super computer cause it was more cost efficient than buying some area 52 Alienware PC. (bet they had the Backwards compatibility ones including Hackable CFW.) :ninja:

I don't see them talking about ps4 used by them. :P

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS4's library is starting to catch up. I do still use my PS3 more than my PS4, but that's also because I have CFW on my PS3, and not on my PS4. Not to mention, I was a pirate in the days where the PS3 hacking scene was still big, so I still have a good 15 games on my PS3 hard drive that I didn't buy. If I did have CFW on my PS4, and I were still a pirate, I probably would be using my PS4 more frequently.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.