[UPDATE: v2 released] PS3 HEN (Homebrew Enabler) now available for all console revisions

ps3.jpeg

The Playstation 3 is all but forgotten by console hackers. While being already superseded by its successors, developers are always hard at work finding new ways to defeat its security and allow unsigned code to run on Sony's seventh-generation console. Today, we've seen yet another milestone being set towards that goal: a HEN (Homebrew Enabler) compatible with every PS3 model out there has been released!

The curiously named PS3HENTAI has been anonymously developed and released (with full source code available). While it's not the same as running a full-blown CFW, it enables many other features which were otherwise not available using other previous exploits. The HEN is compatible with HFW 4.84 and reportedly works on all models, including the "unhackable" Slim and SuperSlim models, which previously only had access to the limited HAN exploits.

from the README said:
WHAT IS HEN:
HEN stands for Homebrew ENabler. it also consists of much more new functions relatively close to a CFW

HOW DOES IT WORK?:
Install HAN Enabler. Copy PS3HEN.BIN, HENTAI.pkg and stackframe.bin(READ:rename) to /dev_usb000 and run the HTML.
Once done, go to Package manager and install the HENTAI.pkg and reboot console
From now on to enable HEN simply use usb000 stackframe.bin and PS3HEN.BIN and run html...HEN ENABLED!

FEATURES OF V1.00:
Managunz backup manager works best for jb rips(ISO not supported)!
MULTIMAN works too but compatibility is not the same.
PSXISO Support is there!!!!
BD/DVD Region patches
BDISO support(stutter with xmb, use showtime)
BOOTPLUGINS WORK location "/dev_usb000/boot_plugins_nocobra.txt"(Use webman original one and not the mod one. also disable content scan on boot in settings)
Discless games work with disc icon!
Syscall 6 added
Syscall 7 added(address>0x8000000000352230) and disabled overwriting syscall 0->15
Syscall 15 added
Syscall 8 opcodes added for detection HEN and for advanced lv2 poke(read DEVELOPER SECTION)
Whole kernel memory RWX(execute kernel payload like this at high locations or hook syscalls etc)
PS3MAPI support for modding
Debug PKG install
Homebrew resigned for 3.55 and less support!
Homebrew Root Flags enabled!
HAN PKG insall support
PSN Connectivity
All process executed after HEN have rwx permissions!
HAN Enabled by default!

CFW PATCHES:
CFW settings
Retail/DEBUG pkg installation
Unlink to Delete
Remote play with PC
Download debug pkg on retail
Remote play ignores SFO check
Cinavia protection
videoplayer_plugin
DVD region check (not cracking RCE)
REBUG themed RCO & XML
AIO copy

NOTES:
if you get error 80010017 launching homebrew that simply means HEN failure, restart console and try again!(restart is important!)
also try deleting cache, browsing data, cookies and the likes from browser, make the exploit page the home page

DEVELOPERS:
#define SYSCALL8_OPCODE_IS_HEN 0x1337
using this if return 0x1337 its hen

ADVANCED POKE:syscall8(0x7003, addr, value);
this allows poking any location in lv2 memory BUT you have to restore original value before exiting to another application or exiting to xmb.USE WISELY OTHERWISE PS3 SHUTS DOWN

BDMIRROR:Managunz FTW!(please use Cobra payload because by default its MULTIMAN)
NOTE:mounting dev_blind will actually mount dev_flash. change files directly from dev_flash instead or hdd0/plugins/CFW/

Kernel Mode returns 0x53434500 on success to user webkit 0x8a000000. its good to measure HEN success. right now hen is already close to or is 100%

PS3HENTAI has originally been shared by notzecoxao on Twitter. A link to his Tweet, as well as a download link, can be found in the sources below.

UPDATE: PS3HEN 2.0 has been released, which adds support for loading ISO files, kernel plugins and PS3MAPI (as well as a few other features), removes PS3HENTAI PKG dependency and fixes several issues. It's strongly recommended to upgrade if you're running a previous version. An new source with an up-to-date installation/upgrade guide has been added below.

:arrow: Source (Update v2.0)
:arrow: Source

Last edited by RattletraPM,

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Could anyone tell me what im able to do with this thing(Im new to the ps3 hacking scene) and what i cant(that i can with normal CFW), i always wanted a ps3 but couldnt find a hackeable one(that i can afford), i already have a ps2/psp so i don´t really need psx, ps2 or psp compability

Reactions: alivebacon and Hmed

STLcardsWS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by STLcardsWS,

STLcardsWS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one question why name your project "pervert" (Japanese meaning of hentai) i understand what it does but a really messed up name none the less

The Actual project Name is PS3HEN then within the PS3HEN Release we see the PS3 HENTAI package among other files of the PS3HEN release.. Then again it can be looked at either way..

Also fairly sure it was written in English and not Japanese So why is some worried about what it means when it was written in a different language.. :)

Last edited by STLcardsWS,
Reactions: KiiWii

Impossible_Igntiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could anyone tell me what im able to do with this thing(Im new to the ps3 hacking scene) and what i cant(that i can with normal CFW), i always wanted a ps3 but couldnt find a hackeable one(that i can afford), i already have a ps2/psp so i don´t really need psx, ps2 or psp compability
run "backups" via a homebrew app named Multiman, you could also run RetroArch PS3, ScummVM, DOSBox, unlock demo games as Full versions without the need for an official PSN license, create custom made PS1 Classics & PS2 Classics, create PSP "Remasters" (it's built-in emulator) on the PS3 (though honestly most games runs like dogshit or black screen yo ass and some run surprisingly perfect for the most part)

And honestly that's about really it.... no homebrew games, N64 emulator, PC game ports sadly or most of the stuff you get on a Nintendo Switch preferably...

but you can at least install custom start-up logos + sound and legit beautifully crafted custom XMB Waves, watch free movies and tv-shows via dead Movian homebrew app, no PSN account need to enter their "TV/Services" official software apps like YouTube, a dead Twitch app, Funimation, Netflix (which still surprisingly works i believe), etc...

But for realz if your in it for the really cool homebrew stuff, the PS3 ain't it chief, stick to the Switch...

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So as someone out of the loop on PS3 stuff, what are the benefits of this over a machine running HAN? Can I install PSN packages and not need to use a .rap?

Last edited by CeeDee,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over