XP
Country
United States

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe if you downgrade it using the usual methods, I'm not sure about that, but the firmware is partially stored on the PS3 memory itself. You can't downgrade simply by switching hard disks, it'll just ask to reformat it.

somewhereovertherainbow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mm.

Imm on cfw Cobra w Rogero now and everything works beautiful ... It would be nice with a SATA disk somewhere in the future . I guess I do as the youtube video show me. Then Install PS3/Ps3updat.file with 3.55 firmware , and then re-install Cobras cfw again . - Its risky, i wait a month or two :)

thanks for answering my question thought, yes i guessed firmware was partially stored on ps3 memory .

somewhereovertherainbow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also another Question

Can you Copy PS3 Games from internal to external hard drive?

I know how.. with FTP.. but is the same files/folder in games internal.. as the one i had on my external drive?

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
depends how the external is set up, if its by usb then you can just copy or move the files to the internal. if the external is connected to a pc then you would have to use the FTP route. about HDD i put a 500GB 2.5inch laptop hardrive in my ps3, had no troubles reinstalling the cfw on it, just a shame i never use the thing anymore.......................sudeki300

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the last game i played was skyrim, i have put games on there like god of war and that white witch game but never touched them..........................sudeki300

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You just swap the hard drives you don't have to prepare anything the PS3 will do it for you. And then you can swap the old one back it will work like you never touched it. I don't even think the firmware number matters.

Just a head up most portable hard drive nowadays you buy for cheaper, dissasemble ,and swap it with your ps3's internal hard drive. You might just have one in your house already!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls