Hardware PS3 Feezes/crashes after exactly 1hr34min No Matter What

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, recently I've been playing through and platinuming all of the PS3 Kingdom Hearts games, but during Birth By Sleep, my PS3 froze (all sound stopped, no buttons on the console worked, and I was left with a still image of the last frame). Now, since then, I've been testing a lot of things and I've figured out the following:

1. It freezes after 1 hour, 34 minutes, no matter what.
2. If I reset the console before the 1:34 mark, it will last another 1:34. I successfully replicated this for 10 cycles in a row.
3. I've opened it up and cleaned out every bit of dust and applied a new layer of thermal past, but it still happens.
4. I don't think it's overheating, because #3 and it only gets as hot as it always has. The fan works and I'm not getting any yellow light or anything.
5. It crashes no matter what. Be it in a game (disc or downloaded), video, music playback, just sitting on the XMB, etc.
6. I tried installing a brand new hard drive, but the same problem persisted.
7. I've run all of the safe mode options to no avail.

Notes: I'm on 4.7, PS3 fat 80GB not b/c

So, does anybody here think they can help me fix this or even just figure out what the problem is?

Thanks.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
something happening to the console at the exact time no matter what? my bet is on the internal clock..
anywho, did ya replaced hdd?
can you use a ps3 without hdd? would you check if it still crashes?

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I've tried new hdd, same problem. You can't exit safe mode without an hdd, but I suppose I could try to leave it in safe mode for an hour and thirty-four minutes.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried sacrificing your daily goat? This usually fixes any and all problems but make sure its a black goat, white goats give mixed results.

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done all of the above with the same result. I'm wondering if it's a problem with the memory module.

EDIT: I've sacrificed 2 goats today, but it has only secured my life for a few more days.

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: