PS3 Feezes/crashes after exactly 1hr34min No Matter What

Discussion in 'PS3 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by AaronUzumaki, May 8, 2015.

1. AaronUzumaki
    OP

AaronUzumaki A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon

Feb 8, 2009
    United States
    Akron, Ohio
    So, recently I've been playing through and platinuming all of the PS3 Kingdom Hearts games, but during Birth By Sleep, my PS3 froze (all sound stopped, no buttons on the console worked, and I was left with a still image of the last frame). Now, since then, I've been testing a lot of things and I've figured out the following:

1. It freezes after 1 hour, 34 minutes, no matter what.
    2. If I reset the console before the 1:34 mark, it will last another 1:34. I successfully replicated this for 10 cycles in a row.
    3. I've opened it up and cleaned out every bit of dust and applied a new layer of thermal past, but it still happens.
    4. I don't think it's overheating, because #3 and it only gets as hot as it always has. The fan works and I'm not getting any yellow light or anything.
    5. It crashes no matter what. Be it in a game (disc or downloaded), video, music playback, just sitting on the XMB, etc.
    6. I tried installing a brand new hard drive, but the same problem persisted.
    7. I've run all of the safe mode options to no avail.

Notes: I'm on 4.7, PS3 fat 80GB not b/c

So, does anybody here think they can help me fix this or even just figure out what the problem is?

Thanks.

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    something happening to the console at the exact time no matter what? my bet is on the internal clock..
    anywho, did ya replaced hdd?
    can you use a ps3 without hdd? would you check if it still crashes?

3. AaronUzumaki
    OP

Feb 8, 2009
    United States
    Akron, Ohio
    Yes, I've tried new hdd, same problem. You can't exit safe mode without an hdd, but I suppose I could try to leave it in safe mode for an hour and thirty-four minutes.

4. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Have you tried sacrificing your daily goat? This usually fixes any and all problems but make sure its a black goat, white goats give mixed results.

5. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    maybe try a re-install of ur firmware. It may be that something is running at this time.
    reset ur internal clock
    factory reset ur ps3
    go into recovery mode and use all the other options there eg. database rebuild

6. AaronUzumaki
    OP

Feb 8, 2009
    United States
    Akron, Ohio
    I've done all of the above with the same result. I'm wondering if it's a problem with the memory module.

EDIT: I've sacrificed 2 goats today, but it has only secured my life for a few more days.

Xenon Hacks likes this.
  7. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    dd ya remove or replaced the bios battery?

8. AaronUzumaki
    OP

Feb 8, 2009
    United States
    Akron, Ohio
    Yes. All that did was make me set the time and date again, and the problem persists.