Gaming Ps3 feature on Vita

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi,

Im planning to buy ps vita and play games from PS3. Unfortunately my ps3 got banned for CFW a while ago. Can I still connect my vita to it?

If not, is there any way to work around it and still play?

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yes, i'm talking about remote play. From what I've learnt it's possible to play almost every game if you have hacked PS3 with CFW. But i'm still struggling about it.

yadsterv2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've tried remote play on my hacked PS3 slim and it just wasn't worth the effort as the graphics are compressed and don't look that good even with a decent connection. Unfortunately PS2 games don't work with remote play due to some technical stuff that I don't understand. I would love to play Bully on my Vita.

eighthdayregret

fnerrrrrrrrrr!
Trophies
Website
eighthsregrets.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Are you talking about remote playing PS3 games on your Vita?

Because if that's the case, VERY few PS3 games actually support remote play on the Vita. Sony actually got in a lot of trouble for false advertising over this feature in a class action lawsuit.

This list is 3 years old, but it should be current for which PS3 games have remote play with Vita.
And that's why every PS4 game released passed a certain date were required to support Remote Play.

But to address the OP's question, it's just not worth it. Even the games on PS3 that do support remote play run like crap on the Vita. Same with PS4. The input lag is just super annoying.
If Remote Play was something you had your heart set on, you're only going to be disappointed, even in the best of circumstances.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Unfortunately PS2 games don't work with remote play due to some technical stuff that I don't understand.
PS2 mode (whether hardware accelerated or full software emulation) does not have the PS3 kernel running in the background; for the same reason you can't have software fan control or FTP keep running

Yes, i'm talking about remote play. From what I've learnt it's possible to play almost every game if you have hacked PS3 with CFW. But i'm still struggling about it.
(some) CFWs auto-unlock remote play, at least on PS3 disc backups (or maybe only extracted GAMES disc backups?)
For anything else, or just to be sure, you can use a param.sfo editor on your games (then, probably. rebuild the database)

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
And that's why every PS4 game released passed a certain date were required to support Remote Play.

But to address the OP's question, it's just not worth it. Even the games on PS3 that do support remote play run like crap on the Vita. Same with PS4. The input lag is just super annoying.
If Remote Play was something you had your heart set on, you're only going to be disappointed, even in the best of circumstances.
It works fine enough when done within a local connection. But online from a distance, it's hit and miss and depends on high speed internet both where your vita and PS4 are. I've had some really horrible lag, but not always, and it's usually workable with enough persistence. I beat one of the hardest bosses in Momodora 4 using online remote play, with heavy lag and a halved frame rate.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Last edited by TripleSMoon, , Reason: Formatting

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM