Hacking PS3 Exploit successful but installing CFW keep getting "data is corrupt"

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
OP
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
I manage to run the exploit successful. The PS3 is a FAT CECH-L model, so I'm using NOR flasher. I reboot then try to instal REBUG and it keeps telling me it is corrupt. What can I be doing wrong?

Last edited by pustal,
D

Deleted User

I manage to run the exploit successful. The PS3 is a FAT CECH-L model, so I'm using NOR flasher. I reboot then try to instal REBUG and it keeps telling me it is corrupt. WHat can I be doing wrong?

Pexploit 1.0 or 2.0? I had to install 4.82 ofw twice on 1 ps3 to get passed the corrupt error.

Reactions: pustal

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pexploit 1.0 or 2.0? I had to install 4.82 ofw twice on 1 ps3 to get passed the corrupt error.
Unless you were using a pup with modified syscon the REX edition of rebug will not install over 4.82 OFW. You must first install a 4.82 CFW and enable QA flag and enable the update debug option in debug settings. From there you can insatll any firmware versio you want. If you were using a pup with a modified syscon then this is a peculular issue and id reccomend verifying the file. Beyond that i guess glad you got it working.

D

Deleted User

Unless you were using a pup with modified syscon the REX edition of rebug will not install over 4.82 OFW. You must first install a 4.82 CFW and enable QA flag and enable the update debug option in debug settings. From there you can insatll any firmware versio you want. If you were using a pup with a modified syscon then this is a peculular issue and id reccomend verifying the file. Beyond that i guess glad you got it working.

Never had to do that, been using rebug forever. Straight install from 4.82 OFW and not CFW.

Last edited by ,

Traace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

That method works great.I always downgrade to 4.81 REX because 4.82 LITE features are not enough for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp