Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if anyone would be interested or not but thought that their could be someone, heres the restrictions for the UK eBay.

"We wanted to let you know about some restrictions that will be placed on pre-sales of the Sony Playstation 3 console and games. To protect the whole eBay community, sellers will not be permitted to list PlayStation 3 consoles and games on ebay.ie until the authorised European pre-sales period begins in February 2007. Once the official pre-sales period has begun, ebay.ie will also be asking sellers to comply with the following requirements:

1. You may only offer one PlayStation 3 console.
2. If you are pre-selling a console, your listing must comply with our Pre-Sale Listings Policy. You must guarantee that the item will be available for dispatch within 30 days of the date it is listed on ebay.ie.
3. You must offer PayPal as the only payment option. The item must qualify for PayPal Buyer Protection.
4. You may only offer a PlayStation 3 console that you obtained within the EU. PlayStation 3 consoles obtained outside of the EU cannot be listed on ebay.ie.
5. Your listing must include a photo of your purchase or pre-order receipt. We recommend that you block out any personal information such as credit card numbers on the receipt to make sure that they aren’t visible on the photo.

Our top priority is to ensure that eBay remains a safe and reputable place to buy and sell. Please be aware that we may take action against your account if your listing doesn’t comply with these guidelines.

Regards,
The eBay.ie team"

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh well, there goes my plan to sell the ps3 I'll buy in Hong Kong in February. Now I'll have to buy it and PLAY on it. Please spare a thought for me since I can't sell it on ebay and get double the profit.
cry.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm glad ebay has posted restrictions this time to stop the con artists. It won't be difficult for someone to sell more than one ps3. Just get a friend to use their ebay account or have a second one with over 50 positive feedback in it.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
3. You must offer PayPal as the only payment option.
This may as well read, YOU MUST MAXIMISE OUR PROFITS!.

Well it's only for presales so if you bought more than 1 you can put one up for pre-sale and then the others up when you have them in hand =).

Obviously we don't know how many PS3's will be available for Europe, but no doubt there will be a shortage of units going round... I'm otimistic to think they will fetch a good £800 on ebay. It won't be anywhere near the $2500 mark US machines were fetching as it won't be xmas in april, some diehards will have imported and Sony will probably have a half decent number of units available roll round april time.
Release date wise, just before the Easter Holidays has got to be a certain right? (beginning of April)

I plan on trying to grab a few to sell on if I can, heck as if making a bit of quick cash wasn't good enough Sony also lose $250 per machine, awesome!

=)

No Name Trowa Barton

Namaiki iun-ja naiyo™
Trophies
Website
www.NoNameTrowaBarton.com
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat