Tutorial  Updated

PS3 Crazy Taxi Original Music Mod

When Crazy Taxi was rereleased on consoles it disappointed many with its lack of the iconic original soundtrack. I, along with others in the past have figured out how to restore the original music back to the PS3.

cPf596Z.png

All the music included in this mod are the original songs, uncensored. Since the soundtrack for the PS3 release has several extra tracks to fill compared to the original game's lineup, music from Crazy Taxi 2 and 3 fill the gaps. If you want original music only then download Music Mod (Original Only). The Music included in both the normal and original only mod are:

The Offspring - Change the World

Bad Religion - Hear It

Bad Religion - Inner Logic

Bad Religion - Ten in 2010

Bad Religion - Them and Us

The Offspring - Way Down the Line

The Offspring - All I Want

The extra tracks include

(Crazy Taxi 2)

The Offspring - No Brakes

The Offspring - Walla Walla

The Offspring - Come Out Swinging

The Offspring - One Fine Day

(Crazy Taxi 3)

The Offspring - Want You Bad

Bad Religion - Empty Causes

Bad Religion - Punk Rock Song

Instructions:
  1. Download Crazy Taxi on PSN

2. Download either Music Mod or Music Mod (Original Only)

3. Use Either FTP or a PS3 File Manager and go to dev_hdd0/game/NPUB30242/USRDIR/sounddata/music_adx

4. Make a Backup and delete all the audio files in that folder

5. Copy all the .adx files from the mod into the folder
Download:

*snip*

Credits:

I didn't figure this out on my own, I just consolidated all the info into this post. Thanks to Air Chomp on Steam for making the original mod, NerdcoreMC on MaxConsole, and FonzysRevenge on YouTube.

Thanks for reading, rock on!

Last edited by porkiewpyne,

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
very cool! thanks for sharing this, i remember doing something similar with my steam version and a dreamcast iso a while back when it first re-released

Roamin64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What's the difference between linking ROMs and copyrighted music? I like how GBAtemp has 2 faces sometimes. Unless you own the rights to these songs, you're not allowed to distribute them, even in adx format.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
What's the difference between linking ROMs and copyrighted music? I like how GBAtemp has 2 faces sometimes. Unless you own the rights to these songs, you're not allowed to distribute them, even in adx format.
There's no difference. If nobody reports it, things may slip under our radars. It's rich saying we have 2 faces.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this tutorial is now useless without any download links since the instructions are literally to download the "*snip*" and copy that to the PS3. Good thing i downloaded the links when the post was first made as this was inevitable.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There's no difference. If nobody reports it, things may slip under our radars. It's rich saying we have 2 faces.

Well to be fair I find it hard to believe that this thread which has been on the front page tutorials section on the homepage since it's post two weeks ago would go unnoticed for linking music by any of this site's moderators and that very few of the people who visited this page during that time reported it to alert a mod. I am not agreeing with the two faced comment, just my observation of this post over the last two weeks as I have been keeping tabs on it to see how long the music links would stay up.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
very few of the people who visited this page during that time reported it to alert a mod. ... I have been keeping tabs on it to see how long the music links would stay up.

Then why didn't YOU report it? There was literally ONE person who reported this.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then why didn't YOU report it? There was literally ONE person who reported this.

I didn’t report it because I would be a hypocrite since I downloaded it myself knowing those songs were not public domain. I also knew that once the files were pulled this tutorial would be useless since the OP did not put together any instructions on how to extract the music and do the whole process with your own files.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Glad to see the piracy police is here ensuring we're on the straight and narrow :bow:

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1