petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey.
I'm normally more of a Wii Hardware person, but I wanted to ask the question since I had no idea what was going on with this PS2 Game.

So one of my old friends gave me the PS2 Series of Jack & Daxter (1, 2, 3) so I went ahead and played the first game, and until I got on the 1st Island on the part where you jump down into this lake the game imdetly crashes.

I had done this with the electric power up on, and waiting until the power wares off, and then jumping down.

With the electric power up on I am unable to jump down, and the game freezes. But when it's off I can but after three seconds the game freezes completely. So I'm kind of lost here.

Couldn't really tell if this was a FPS Issue, or display. But my best guess would be that it's the disk. It has no scratches on it but has some smudges on it. (Don't worry I still am going to test if it's the disk it's self but I didin't want to have to test it for the fourth time after having to watch the intro for five minutes each reset, and having to get into the game again.) FPS is fine in game so I doubt it's smudges causing the issue. But again I'm not as great as a PS3 Hardware person so if anyone could help me out that will be great.

Also the voices in game create a "echo" effect when playing the game, and listening to the audio. Is there any reason for that?

Last edited by petethepug,

jDSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey.
I'm normally more of a Wii Hardware person, but I wanted to ask the question since I had no idea what was going on with this PS2 Game.

So one of my old friends gave me the PS2 Series of Jack & Daxter (1, 2, 3) so I went ahead and played the first game, and until I got on the 1st Island on the part where you jump down into this lake the game imdetly crashes.

I had done this with the electric power up on, and waiting until the power wares off, and then jumping down.

With the electric power up on I am unable to jump down, and the game freezes. But when it's off I can but after three seconds the game freezes completely. So I'm kind of lost here.

Couldn't really tell if this was a FPS Issue, or display. But my best guess would be that it's the disk. It has no scratches on it but has some smudges on it. (Don't worry I still am going to test if it's the disk it's self but I didin't want to have to test it for the fourth time after having to watch the intro for five minutes each reset, and having to get into the game again.) FPS is fine in game so I doubt it's smudges causing the issue. But again I'm not as great as a PS3 Hardware person so if anyone could help me out that will be great.

Also the voices in game create a "echo" effect when playing the game, and listening to the audio. Is there any reason for that?

Sounds like the disc is defective, or the drive might be dirty or worse going bad. I'd get the HD collection (has all three games with trophy support) and see if it does the same thing, if it does then the BD ROM drive is going bad.

Also what model PS3 is it? does it have cfw?

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to edit your topic to avoid confusion. We thought you're talking about PS games like PSX games. Please edit as necessary for "PS" to "PS2" in the topic. ;)

The PS3 Console is able to play on PS2/PS1 Games, and since I am using PS3 hardware it should belong on PS3... Idk wtf the wink was about.

Using (Can't really remember and dunno how to check.) One of the 40GB PS3's, or the old PS3's with less memory they had stopped making.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PS3 Console is able to play on PS2/PS1 Games, and since I am using PS3 hardware it should belong on PS3... Idk wtf the wink was about.

Using (Can't really remember and dunno how to check.) One of the 40GB PS3's, or the old PS3's with less memory they had stopped making.

Yes, I know. You are talking about your "PS2" game but the game won't work properly and it should be "PS2" in the topic instead.

For your PS3 - PS2 backwards compatible here -- scroll down:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3_models

Last edited by spotanjo3,

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May have figured out th issue.

Apparently on certain points of the game you have to stop moving completely if you freeze in game (and I'm talking about the character moving.) I have no idea why this happens but my best guess would be it's trying to render the game, or it's not loading some chunks/unloading completely in areas you are not in/are in which is the cause of freezing.

I tried cleaning the disk but reguardless of it being clean you will still encounter the issue no matter what you try.

Still haven't fixed the issue but I am guessing that has to do with my speakers being on surround sound, or being in a room with a lot of space in it.

Tried turning it off but it didin't really work so I had to completely turn down the volume becuase it was getting so annoying... Also tried turning the volume up/down that didin't really work.

My PS3 System is fine being able to read discs from PS3, sometimes PS2 gets a little werid but I am assuming that happens when the system is trying to read the PS2 Disc on the PS3 System. (This may work better on a PS2 System compared to a PS3.)

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looked a little closer. Seems more like a problem with the actual disk. It had some scratches deep in the disk which may have caused the issue.

Thanks for the help though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr