Hacking ps3 cfw could not start game error 8001017

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 11,916
  • Replies 14
D

Deleted User

OP
i just got jailbreak on my ps3 and any (not made by sony) games that i installed through the pkg install just go back to the menu saying an error occurred during the start operation (8001017) btw dont say safe mode stuff because my controller is not wired its wireless and does not work with the menu that has the safe mode option and i really need a fix asap :cry:

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You need the rap files of the game (I cannot help you locate this, Google is your friend) and follow this guide.

Last edited by ,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's a self authentication error. it could mean you used a fix with han. the self will fail authentication if you do that, since the keys have been revoked on newer firmware.

D

Deleted User

OP

You need the rap files of the game (I cannot help you locate this, Google is your friend) and follow this guide.

is there even rap files for multiman?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also i did not ask for installing pkg files i asked for help on the error

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Multiman is for ISOs you said you have a pkg file which means it's installed directly on the PS3 you don't need Multiman for pkg files.

Think of pkg files like digital games that you would download from PSN and ISOs are like retail games. For PKG files to be installed you either need a fix, a crack or a rap file or you won't be able to play it.

is there even rap files for multiman?

also i did not ask for installing pkg files i asked for help on the error

You said this

i just got jailbreak on my ps3 and any (not made by sony) games that i installed through the pkg install just go back to the menu.

Yet now you say you did not ask for installing pkg files?

D

Deleted User

OP
Multiman is for ISOs you said you have a pkg file which means it's installed directly on the PS3 you don't need Multiman for pkg files.

Think of pkg files like digital games that you would download from PSN and ISOs are like retail games. For PKG files to be installed you either need a fix, a crack or a rap file or you won't be able to play it.

You said this

i just got jailbreak on my ps3 and any (not made by sony) games that i installed through the pkg install just go back to the menu.

Yet now you say you did not ask for installing pkg files?
well do you have the multiman rap file? or a fix file or a crack file? i cant find any for multiman

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is no other way. it's install pkg, boot app. homebrew doesn't work with han. there is no rap; there is no fix for mm.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fixes and homebrew won't work. you actually need the rap to build a fix, so it pisses me off that certain sites would hoard them for some efame.

D

Deleted User

OP
fixes and homebrew won't work. you actually need the rap to build a fix, so it pisses me off that certain sites would hoard them for some efame.
now i feel like han is useless and makes me think i installed it for no reason ;-;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.