The Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wondering if there has been any new way to restore blu ray playback on the ps3 for ppl like me who purchased their ps3 secondhand and downgraded it. So the BR discs that were played in it would be unknown and would be unable to just go n find the mkb/title.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't read anything new for restoring the bluray.
You still need to know the "most recent" (release date wise) disc the console ever played. I don't think you can unbrick with a bluray disc more recent that the played one
frown.gif

I think the key you have to extract on the computer (or another PS3) have to match the greater revision you used on your console.

You could try few random disc in hope you find the correct one.
I don't think it need the exact same Bluray disc, only it's revision number (but I'm not too sure anymore, I didn't try the restoration tutorial myself).

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've read a few different things on this matter and apparently you can downgrade to ofw 3.40 which will fix the blu ray playback then update to 3.41 ofw and go from there. i haven't tried this myself being as i'm still working on getting my 3.55 demo unit out of demo mode using my psp. i'v got a 5 week old son at home so my time for messing around with my games is limited. this thread should offer up some more complete and helpful info.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't own a bluray disc to check, but I think there might be a way to verify the release date or its code, or maybe use a bluray website database to know the release date of popular movies.
At the time of the bluray brick, the popular movie was Alice in wonder world. There's a big chance that this movie have the correct version number for the bricked PS3 reader. (it's just a supposition according to the date or the downgrade event).

Unfortunately, there's no way to know which played bluray disc had the greater version number if you don't have these discs to check the release data. Same if the console is a second hand, you won't know which disc the seller used on his console.

If I understood correctly, it's not the last played bluray disc which is needed, but the one with the greater version number the console ever played.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1