Hardware ps3 60gb ylod =[ any way to get the disc out?

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
my PS3 just got the ylod.
there is a disc inside but I cant get it out. not even with the fan trick or whatever its called. that seems to only work on 40gb and not 60gb.
anything I can do? im not planning to get it fixed. i'll just buy the slim. but I want the assassins creed brotherhood thats inside cuz its not mine.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gonna have to open it up and reheat the component that chipped off due to overheating, then you can get the disc out. Just curious how long did you have the 60 gig ps3 before it got the ylod and on average what was your play time, I want to get a sense of how big of a problem this is, since I have a 60 gig model myself.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
couple of years. average play time around 4hrs a day.
if you dont play ps2 games or use any features from the old models, i recommend you to sell it and get a slim before its too late.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
C175R said:
if you dont play ps2 games or use any features from the old models, i recommend you to sell it and get a slim before its too late.

I'm actually planning on selling it, don't use it that much, but I want a good price on it, lol.
Sorry for the loss(it sounds like a funeral). So it lasted only a couple of years did you buy it new, or used?

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
C175R said:

I'm actually planning on selling it, don't use it that much, but I want a good price on it, lol.
Sorry for the loss(it sounds like a funeral). So it lasted only a couple of years did you buy it new, or used?
new. and yes. it is a funeral. R.I.P PS3
cry.gif

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brotherhood? Ouch, that's the new one, right?

Go to the local game store, and they'll understand and probably get your game out. Otherwise, ...repair?

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about that man, I think you should NOT send it to sony and blow $150 for them to "fix" it. Instead take it to someone who can open it up and reattach the stuff in there, or a local place that can do it for way cheaper than $ony. Alternatively you can do like so many others and sell it AS IS, after you've taken the game out of course.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
Sorry about that man, I think you should NOT send it to sony and blow $150 for them to "fix" it. Instead take it to someone who can open it up and reattach the stuff in there, or a local place that can do it for way cheaper than $ony. Alternatively you can do like so many others and sell it AS IS, after you've taken the game out of course.
yea probably I'll do that and then sell it on ebay for whatever i can get. =[

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
if it's dead and you don't plan to repair it then why not just disassemble the bluray drive to remove the disc?

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
if it's dead and you don't plan to repair it then why not just disassemble the bluray drive to remove the disc?
i'm not planning to repair it now cuz im broke.
and if there is a way to get it out without opening and leaving the warranty seal intact will be better.
that would be my last option tho

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
C175R said:
mercluke said:
i'm not planning to repair it now cuz im broke.
and if there is a way to get it out without opening and leaving the warranty seal intact will be better.
that would be my last option tho

yeah but sony would ask $150 anyway even with the warranty seal just to temporarily "fix" it, if its been over a year they wont do it for free, so You might as well disassemble the bluray drive, and sell the ps3 for parts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte