Hacking PS3 60GB fat with 4.82 CFW updated to 4.83

Vampir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I have two PS3 fat consoles with NAND that were updated from CFW to 4.83 by mistake and stuck at updating. For Slim consoles you only needed to remove HDD; format it and load OFW. I did that, but it turned bad.
After formatting HDD as soon as I turn the console on, the fun starts spinning like crazy and there is no picture.

The only time I got picture was when I removed HDD and placed console in recovery mode, then I seen an error: no storage device connected.

How can I fix those consoles?

Last edited by Vampir,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Try erasing the whole disk (or at least the first half-GB or so), so that the console clearly recognizes it as an unformatted disk instead of something which looks like a PS3 disk but doesn't like it - even my NAND console got stuck like that a couple of times

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You can only fix it probably by using a flasher wich you solder to your board and flash your nand backup to it. that's your only option probably

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...