Hacking PS3 3.55 buying guide

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your best bet is ebay. I'm not sure of the price, but a little more than a normal used system. I wouldn't recommend a phat though since ylod. u can play most ps2 games on a non-bc system thanks to cfw.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
u can play most ps2 games on a non-bc system thanks to cfw.

You can play a few and some of them aren't too slow or glitchy.

Got a PS3 slim on 3.55 for about 170 shipped on ebay.

NOTE - This came with all the cables plus the controller. and 120gb HDD. If you are just getting the console about 140 I say is far.

I've had a 160gb 3.55 PS3 on ebay for ~£100 including shipping for ages and everybody wants me to drop the price (which I'm prepared to, but they want it cheaper than what unmodded PS3's are going for on ebay).

was it working well? like weird fan noises, slowdowns, etc.

What do you mean by weird fan noises? ps3 fans always sound too loud and they get louder with age.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: CallmeBerto
D

Deleted User

i brought ps3 slim from second hand website for around 700 ILS (200$). it came with firmware 2.85, all the cables, one controller and a game. there was one on ebay. 120gb slim model for around 300$ brand new but i don't think it's there anymore. check on ebay every day. i'm sure someday one of them will pop there for descent price. if you want it in "used" condition then there are plenty of them with firmware 3.55 on ebay.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything worked great no issues to report. What do you want to do with it?
I want homebrew so that I can play my ps2 games on ps3, and also play emulators on ps3. But I wanted a ps3 in general since ps4 is not backwards compatible.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just out of curiousity , where is a good place to buy a ps3 3.55 ofw console today?

I want it to be from a reliable seller and hopefully a cheap one. and ideally, I hope it is a ps3 fat so that it is backwards compatible with ps2.

How much is the price usually for those consoles?

Edit: I just realized that my post title is click baity. How do I change the title of the post?

Try Pawn shop. I bought the version 3.41 about 6 years ago.

D

Deleted User

i tried to play some of the ps2 games on the ps3. some of them worked great. others worked pretty terrible.
but all the games looked pretty bad on my tv.
for comparison. gamecube games looks much better on the wii u than ps2 games on the ps3.

Last edited by ,

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried to play some of the ps2 games on the ps3. some of them worked great. others worked pretty terrible.
but all the games looked pretty bad on my tv.
for comparison. gamecube games looks much better on the wii u than ps2 games on the ps3.
I looked at the compatibility list and from what I can tell, only tony hawk games were not working. what games did you try?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure as I've never used it. around 80% of games should work, but not all work perfectly. all the games I've tested worked fine, but I didn't test hundreds. I was just testing games as ps2 classics which is no longer needed. the netemu ps2 emulator, which is what u'll be using for ps2 games on a slim, hasn't been completely reverse engineered. the ps3 actually has 3 ps2 emulators on it - for bc, - for semi-bc, and for ps2 classics. the ps2 classics emulator isn't fully optimized for all games which is y some work and others don't. I'm not sure if 100% compatibility is doable or not, but a lot of cool things, such as seeing your temps in game, have been added to the emulator.

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure as I've never used it. around 80% of games should work, but not all work perfectly. all the games I've tested worked fine, but I didn't test hundreds. I was just testing games as ps2 classics which is no longer needed. the netemu ps2 emulator, which is what u'll be using for ps2 games on a slim, hasn't been completely reverse engineered. the ps3 actually has 3 ps2 emulators on it - for bc, - for semi-bc, and for ps2 classics. the ps2 classics emulator isn't fully optimized for all games which is y some work and others don't. I'm not sure if 100% compatibility is doable or not, but a lot of cool things, such as seeing your temps in game, have been added to the emulator.
does ape escape 2 and 3 work? and crash twinsanity?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd personally suggest a ps2 for ps2 games, 'cause the old, phat ps3s were not very well made. they're as prone to failure as the old 360s. my first ps3 was a phat, bc system and it failed within eight minutes of using it before cfw existed and using swap discs was a thing.

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah I figured, is there any thing worth it for jailbroken e3? so far we have a ps2 emulator that doesn't always work and retroarch which is on every console pretty much

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: