PS1/2 Ps2 Usb loading

Chiverus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok so ive got a fat ps2 thats got FMCB but i cant get games to load from the usb. Secondly i had an extra USB Memory Stick of 16gb size that im using. now is there a special way of putting the games on the stick or do i acctually have to have a hdd? cant seem to find anything on psxscene to help just asking if anyone else got this to work or is it advised against?

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tagzard said:
KirbyBoy said:
tagzard said:
Silly kirbyboy. You don't reply.

And marcus134 advice is the best.
I don't have to reply to every thread you know. -_-.
My PM though. You "should" reply to that.
1: At least give me time to think.

2: You're being more off topic then I've seen anyone, why would you post about a pm in a thread that had nothing to do about it?

tagzard

Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
KirbyBoy said:
tagzard said:
KirbyBoy said:
tagzard said:
Silly kirbyboy. You don't reply.

And marcus134 advice is the best.
I don't have to reply to every thread you know. -_-.
My PM though. You "should" reply to that.
1: At least give me time to think.

2: You're being more off topic then I've seen anyone, why would you post about a pm in a thread that had nothing to do about it?
Sorry. I had this problem too and it was just luck that you were here. Also marcus advice worked for me.

relminator

#AnyaBasic
Trophies
Website
rel.phatcode.net
XP
Country
Chiverus said:
ok so ive got a fat ps2 thats got FMCB but i cant get games to load from the usb. Secondly i had an extra USB Memory Stick of 16gb size that im using. now is there a special way of putting the games on the stick or do i acctually have to have a hdd? cant seem to find anything on psxscene to help just asking if anyone else got this to work or is it advised against?

Loading converted games for USB loaders somehow didn't work for me either when using USB flashdrives. It works when you use USB HDD though formatted in NTSC then reformatted with USB advance tool.

OPL won't even recognize the drive and USB advance free would hang. Dunno why. Maybe it's my flashdrive.

Anyone has success on loading games from USB flash drives (not USB HDD)?

Chiverus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ya i tried a bunch of different ways and programs mentioned on the guide but not a single one worked for the usbdrive and i know to format and defrag. im thinking maybe cause the the drive i was using was one that needed more power then the port could provide seeing as how the port is only a usb 1.0 though not sure if this would even cause this issue cause doesnt the different types just very in speed not voltage output. meh oh well got external powered hard drive yesterday so its all good now.

relminator

#AnyaBasic
Trophies
Website
rel.phatcode.net
XP
Country
justinefremlouw said:
I've loaded some games from flash drives...u just gotta format it and defrag it...

using OPL 0.8 with usbutil to format iso

The defragmenters mentioned at the OPL site won't recognize my USB flash drive as is USB Advance/Extreme tools.

Note that I've used the same flashdrive to play MP3s and AVIs on Simple Media System from FMCB. I'm also using it as a CodeBreaker 10 loader via CNF files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night