ps2 slim swap trick with fifa06

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by uyt.95, Jul 11, 2011.

Jul 11, 2011

ps2 slim swap trick with fifa06 by uyt.95 at 9:29 AM (3,692 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. uyt.95
    OP

Newcomer uyt.95 Newbie

Belgium
    I have a ps2 slim:
    unit: SCPH-75004
    browser1.40
    CD-player 2.00
    Playstation Driver 2.00
    DVD-player 3.11E

I'm trying to softmod it with the ps2 swap trick with fifa 06 but when I choose add/edit, it shows the "not a real ps2 game" screen.
    I've tried with a dvd-r and a dvd+r at different write speeds (4x and MAX) but nothing works.

What am I doing wrong?

Sorry for my bad english but I normally speak dutch.

2. marcus134

Member marcus134 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I don't know if it works with 06, the fmcb tutorial site doesn't say anything about 06 but 08 is supposed to work.

Looking at the description, you should be swapping the disc just before pressing "add", once the account have been configured.

Also, did you block the sensors?

3. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    Get hold of a copy of 007 Agent Under Fire. That's so easy to do the swap trick with even I managed it, and I break tech just changing batteries. The hardest part of the entire process was actually playing to the second level of the game to trigger the exploit because of its backwards-ass control scheme. Seriously. It sucks.

You can pick the game up for mere pennies these days and you only need it for a matter of minutes. Just ask someone if you can borrow it. Or rent it, even.

4. uyt.95
    OP

Newcomer uyt.95 Newbie

Belgium
    I can't come to the add button because this game isn't supported for online play anylonger, so I tried with ratchet deadlocked with a DVD+R but it didn't worked too.

5. Blaze163

United Kingdom
    I take it the disk is spinning even when the tray is open, otherwise you've not blocked the sensors properly, that'd be what's wrong. There are 3 of them. One directly above the power button, one with the little brake pad thing attached above the disk, and another to the left of that which is underneath the case, you need to open the PS2 to reach it. Once the disk is spinning when the tray's open, make sure your copied game is burned properly and has all the files that need to be altered sorted out. Then swap the disk when the guide says and it should work fine. As I said, the Agent Under Fire swap is by far the easiest. It must be, even I got it to work and I'm a total technophobe. My system's working fine now. Although I do have a small metal plate with a hole in the middle which fell out of the system when I opened it to access that third switch....always the same with DIY, ain't it?

6. uyt.95
    OP

Newcomer uyt.95 Newbie

Belgium
    My disk keeps spinning and I think there is only one file to change on my game before burning.

7. Blaze163

United Kingdom
    Did you patch that burned copy of FIFA 06 with Memento? I had to do that to my copy of Agent Under Fire. As long as you've patched everything properly, the files are altered accordingly and you time the swap right, there's no reason why it shouldn't work. Unless it's an extremely new Slim model. I think some of the last ever ones produced are a little harder to hack, but as mine is old I don't know the details.

8. uyt.95
    OP

Newcomer uyt.95 Newbie

Belgium
    No, I forgot to patch. I will update after I tried it.

It isn't very new.

9. uyt.95
    OP

Newcomer uyt.95 Newbie

Belgium
    I patched and tried again, but it still doesn't work.
    When I choose for "network configuration" in radchet gladiator the laser moves up and down and than the "not ps2 screen" shows up.