PS1/2 PS2 power supply help

NiGHtS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought a slimline only a while ago (literally) for £10 (WOO) but I think there's a problem with the power supply. The PS2 works brilliantly, only if I push in and down the yellow part of the power supply. Is this my slimline or the power supply?

EDIT: I reeeally gotta stop making all these threads asking for help lol XD

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah yellow bit is in the ps2. Probably just loose where someone has kept wiggling power supply. Just open it up , see if there any cracks in the joints where it connects to the board , if there are resolder em. If not , then I'd just hack off the end of the power supply , go back down the wire a bit in case there are any breaks , then fit a new connector.

Still worth it for £10 though assuming there aren't any other problems. £10 + 10 min solder job = bargain.

NiGHtS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ye the PS2 works brill. Once again can I enjoy KH
smile.gif
Oh and as for the connecter bit. Nothing a little masking tape couldn't fix until I get some solder! Thanks guys.

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
normal tape on electrical problem?
Bizarro world I awake.

Almost as bizzare as the post i read that said use duct tape to hold a wiikey down to get it ready for soldering....

Honestly i think eltric tape would be best bet but... whatever flots your boat

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My old housemate had the same problem and I have seen a few others do the same thing.
In the end it was a combination of fatigue and creep in the solder joint to the mainboard which was trivial to fix although it did require pulling it apart and resoldering the connection (once the trace was lifted a bit but there should be enough to remake the joint a bit further down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1