嵐の王
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since I've modded both my Wii and 360. My little bro has been nagging me to get his PS2 modded. So I was wondering what the cheapest chip that would work on a V6/V7 Fat PS2 is. Original or clone chips. Doesn't really matter.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wouldn't bother with a modchip in an original PS2, I would get the BBA, a HDD and HD Advance. It saves the laser and loading (usually) is much quicker.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
Modbo. Its fairly cheap on DX and all the reviews are positive for it.

Modbo

BTW its a clone(its like a Wiikey clone though, it works exactly the same)

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you can get the HD Loader exploit onto the memory card (If a friend of yours has a chipped ps2 its easy to do). That way all you need to find is the broadband adapter and harddrive. To get the exploit to boot from the memory card you need a ps1 game. I did hear not so long ago about someone hacking the memory card so you could boot backups. I'm not sure if you transfer the exploit to a memory card or you have to buy a special memory card. Its meant to be as good as a mod chip.

Bloodgod

嵐の王
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Or try 'Swapdisc' if you want to play Back-ups

You don't mod your PS2, all you do is swap the disc with a backup.

Not an option.

I wouldn't bother with a modchip in an original PS2, I would get the BBA, a HDD and HD Advance. It saves the laser and loading (usually) is much quicker.

If you can get the HD Loader exploit onto the memory card (If a friend of yours has a chipped ps2 its easy to do). That way all you need to find is the broadband adapter and harddrive. To get the exploit to boot from the memory card you need a ps1 game. I did hear not so long ago about someone hacking the memory card so you could boot backups. I'm not sure if you transfer the exploit to a memory card or you have to buy a special memory card. Its meant to be as good as a mod chip.

@legendofphil/adgloride:
I would have chosen this. But I don't feel like getting him a BBA and HDD

QUOTE(The Last Spartan @ Sep 16 2007, 02:31 AM)
Modbo. Its fairly cheap on DX and all the reviews are positive for it.

Modbo

BTW its a clone(its like a Wiikey clone though, it works exactly the same)

Yeah that looks good. But it's out of stock. Guess I'll wait for it to restock unless someone know of another "good" chip

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Matrix Infinity in my PS2. And I find it awesome. I don't care about the other extra features since I just put an copied cd and that's it.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wasn't there some Memory-Card modchip announced? You just plug it into Memory Card Slot 2 and that's it? VAST or something like that...

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Not an option.

Why not?
Probably lazy.... like me

biggrin.gif

Wii_DS.

ウォリアー
Banned
Trophies
Website
fcrc.weebly.com
XP
Country

Not an option.

Why not?
Probably lazy.... like me

biggrin.gif

That isn't a vaild reson.

All you have to do is insert the swap-disc then pick a option, use a special tool to force the CD drive bay open, pop oyur backup in close the cd bay with the tool and play.

It won't damage you warranty, and no damage will be done to the ps2.

your missing out if you don't use swap-magic (i thought it was called swap disc but is swap magic....)

i use swap magic and i have not had a problem....

http://www.swapmagic3.com/

Bloodgod

嵐の王
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Look I appreciate your input. But if I or another user rejects your input, DEAL WITH IT! We don't need you trying to be a sales person for that product.

If you want a valid reason. I've done the swap thing with the PS1 and quite honestly it was a pain in the ass. Also I'm not going to be the primary user of this system, a 11 years old kid is. So I want it to be user friendly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks