1. Tackskull

OP Tackskull GBAtemp Regular

France
    I am figuring out how to play ps2 games and I decided to soft mod my fat ps2. Once I will install freemacboot I am able to install many games as I want? I heard somebody say there is a limit of 255 games on the internal harddisk

2. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I vaguely remember that too. I think 48-bit thingy fixed that. Format your drive with winhiip as 48-bit. Could be wrong, though.

alexander1970 likes this.
  3. Tackskull

France
    Thanks for your answer.

Can somebody else confirm that now is possible to install more than 256 games on the internal HDD?

4. rs1n

rs1n GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The 255 game limit applies only to Winhiip, a computer program that is way outdated, buggy, and has many other limitations (e.g. can only support up to 1TB). The only limit that applies to all soft-modded fat PS2's is that they can only support drives up to 2TB (or to be precise, I believe we are limited to drives that are strictly less than 2TB; so up to but not including 2TB, if you will). If you wish to install your games, use HDL Dump 0.9.2 and a batch installer. I put together a batch file to use HDL Dump 0.9.2 if you want to give it a try:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/hdlbatch-a-batch-installer-for-adding-games-onto-a-ps2-hdd.551102/

cvskid and zfreeman like this.
  5. Tackskull

France
    Thanks :D it seems a bit complicated but I will give a try. Is this method require to connect the ps2 via ethernet?

6. rs1n

rs1n GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You can use ethernet, or you can simply connect the drive to your computer directly or via USB. It is set up to do either. As for being complicated, if you can edit a text file and know how to press a few keys on your keyboard, then that's all that is needed to use the installer. Just make sure to do your reading first.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - limit, games,