Hacking PS2 Games on my PS3 Silm CFW Q's?

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hello, all
since, the CFW hack for 4.82 OFW recently came out for ps3's from 3.55+ oft's to be able to hack & install CFW (finally)

my ps3 is this:

CECH-2004A => PS3 Slim (2000 series),

I checked the Factory firmware using Minchecker and got 2.70.
which is fine for the hack :)
I haven't been using my ps3 for sometime and it was at FW 4.81,
I updated to 4.82 using the OFW file.

I did the NOR dump, (It took a few tries, like 90% of the time I got "Trigging exploit - Failed",
after many tries and refreshing I got my "dump.hex" NOR backup :) )
did the same for the NOR write, got it after a while :) )
I then installed 4.82 Ferrox CFW :)

my question is now,

to be able to run ps2 games on my Non BD ps3 (ps3 Silm)

1) do I need to change from 4.82 Ferrox CFW => Rebug CFW The one that works for 4.82 OFW?
to be able to run ps2 games? using the toggle QA Flag?

2) what do I need to be able to run ps2 games?

3) how can I get my ps2 saves from my old ps2 to ps3? (I have copied the saves from my FreeMCboot ps2 using Launch Elf manger (to .psu and copied them over in MC format).

thanx

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
1) ps2 runs on Ferrox, but you need the cobra version.

2) Webman or Multiman.

3) I don't know.

nice, thanx for these,

1) so, to go to another CFW version, I need to use the Toggle QA Flag as mentioned in the guide?
or just download the cFW file and install?

2), nice, im using multilan. um do I need to install Ps2 classics manger & Classics placeholder also?

3) np. I'll figure this one out. the saves.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
nice, thanx for these,

1) so, to go to another CFW version, I need to use the Toggle QA Flag as mentioned in the guide?
or just download the cFW file and install?

2), nice, im using multilan. um do I need to install Ps2 classics manger & Classics placeholder also?

3) np. I'll figure this one out. the saves.

1) You can just install a 4.82 CFW over it without the need for QA flags since you're not downgrading.

2)No. Neither for classics manager or placeholder, they are not needed.

I would say install Webman so that games will be quickly accessible on XMB. Multiman is necessary to install PS2 to your internal HDD.
You can use Multiman to load your installed games, but Webman is preferred. Also PS2 games only runs on internal HDD not external.

There are other apps you can use to install PS2 games like Irisman if your having trouble with reading NTSF formated hard drives using Multiman.

Last edited by SG854,
Reactions: 2DSGamerdude

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
okay, thanx, so
I should just install a ferrox cobra cow over my 4.82 cfw Ferrox?

web man loads ps2 games from dvd? or can also use hDD?

also, the PSX place links give errors, are they down?

where can I find the Ferro cobra cFw file?

Last edited by 2DSGamerdude,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
What do you mean exactly? Can't you use Webman's FTP?
I never used Webman's FTP. But I also said this, There are other apps you can use to install PS2 games. So I'm saying their are other methods.
Im not familiar with FTP so maybe you can explain to OP how to use it.

okay, thanx, so
I should just install a ferrox cobra cow over my 4.82 cfw Ferrox?

web man loads ps2 games from dvd? or can also use hDD?

also, the PSX place links give errors, are they down?
Yes it should install over it.

Your right its down. Try rebug then. This is the latest version that just got released.
https://rebug.me/official-rebug-4-82-1-cobra-7-54-lite-toolbox-2-02-15-dec-4th-2017/

Its the light version so it should be more newbie friendly.

Webman loads games from internal PS3 HDD. You have the slim so you can't load off of disc drive.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Looking through it, actually its not as newbie friendly like I though it was.

You will have to enable cobra mode using the toolbox to play PS2 games. It should explain how to install it and enable cobra on the same link I gave.

Last edited by SG854,
Reactions: 2DSGamerdude

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
1) You can just install a 4.82 CFW over it without the need for QA flags since you're not downgrading.

I would say install Webman so that games will be quickly accessible on XMB. Multiman is necessary to install PS2 to your internal HDD.
You can use Multiman to load your installed games, but Webman is preferred. Also PS2 games only runs on internal HDD not external.

There are other apps you can use to install PS2 games like Irisman if your having trouble with reading NTSF formated hard drives using Multiman.

nice, thanx for the help, SG854 :)
I'll try rebug lite version.

thanx for much for the help :)

Gary Hamilton

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry to but in. Can you just install a rebugCFW over ferroxCFW? I tried multiman and webman for GTA LCS and my ps3 looks like its going to load then comes back with an error.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
sorry to but in. Can you just install a rebugCFW over ferroxCFW? I tried multiman and webman for GTA LCS and my ps3 looks like its going to load then comes back with an error.
Yes, if its matching the same firmware. If you wanna install a lower version then use QA toggle.

Darksabre72

Blue Falcon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

how do you play ps2 games without classics manager or placeholder because i tried, and it didn't work

Gary Hamilton

Trophies
XP
Country
how do you play ps2 games without classics manager or placeholder because i tried, and it didn't work
Hey mate. I just downloaded rebug 4.82.1 CFW and rebug tool box make sure you enable cobra mode. I Downloaded another ps2Rom placed them onto my PS3 ps2iso folder and multiman worked for me.

Reactions: zfreeman

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
You need to enable Cobra. On Ferrox with cobra, its already enabled by default so no need to do anything.

In rebug you need to install the rebug tool box to enable it.
Instructions on how to enable it should be here.

Make sure you create a ps2iso folder on the root of your hdd like the person above me said.

Last edited by SG854,

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Ferrox-Cobra 4.82 CFW, and Latest Multiman.
I put nameofgame.iso inside the PS2ISO folder on HDD0 on PS3, run it from Multiman.
System goes back to XMB, click on the Playstation 2 Software Disc icon and it will play.

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How does PS2 Compatibility look like? I looked at this: http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List

and it seems a little bit messy. A lot of them refer to official ps2 classics and those obviously work fine, if I were to get a game that was an official ps2 classic as an ISO would it work just as fine or does it need to be converted?

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
How does PS2 Compatibility look like? I looked at this: http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List

and it seems a little bit messy. A lot of them refer to official ps2 classics and those obviously work fine, if I were to get a game that was an official ps2 classic as an ISO would it work just as fine or does it need to be converted?

It should, hopefully. Theres only one way to know and its to try it out.
I don't know about conversion I would have to look into it.

Darksabre72

Blue Falcon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to enable Cobra. On Ferrox with cobra, its already enabled by default so no need to do anything.

In rebug you need to install the rebug tool box to enable it.
Instructions on how to enable it should be here.

Make sure you create a ps2iso folder on the root of your hdd like the person above me said.
so in your opinion, which cfw would be better to install ferrox or rebug?

Last edited by Darksabre72,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr