Hacking PS2 Games on CECHA01 Without Cobra?

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so a couple years ago I bought a Cobra dongle so I could play PS2 ISOs on my CECHA01 (which is hardware compatible with it!)

But Cobra's CFW sucks so I switched to Rebug.

I've heard about Cobra going open source, so I'm just curious... as of right now, is there a 3.55 CFW that spoofs a higher firmware (I think mine spoofs 4.31 or something, it's been a few months since I've used it) and can play both PS3 games as well as PS1 and PS2 ISOs from mmCM?

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
One of the cobra devs released the main features of Cobra without the useless stuff into Rogero 4.46 under the name Cobra 7.00. Rebug are probably doing something with it, I'd expect it to be included in their next release, but until then Cobra 7.00 seems like the best option.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any real reason to use Rebug anymore if I don't care about PSN?

Since I bought a second (legit) PS3, I just use PSN from that one and don't take my hacked one online anymore. As long as it can play most PS3 games I'm fine.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
For all intents and purposes, you can inject PS2 games into PS2 Classics and play them on any PS3 these days, most of the games are compatible.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah, but I like having 1:1 ISO rips of my games as well :P

That's the thing - PS2 Classics accepts 1:1 ISO rips.
1Erin3z.png

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
PS2 Classics also has patchy compatibility. It works for the majority of games, but even a few of the ones that do work there's texture errors etc. If you have a fully backwards compatible model, no reason not to take advantage of it imo.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a fully backwards compatible model, no reason not to take advantage of it imo

This.

PS2 classics is fine if it's not backwards compatible, but I specifically got a CECHA01 for that reason so I'd rather use the native hardware.

Reactions: Vappy

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only downside of playing PS2 games on PS3 is that there will be appox. 2 frames lag. This may or may not be a challenge in FPS, rhythm, or any games that requires fast and precise timing.

To eliminate the lag you must play at 480i or 480p.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: