1. cybermat

cybermat Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Is there a picture of how you placed the very long cable ? If i round up around the fan the final cable is too short, if i leave "free" is too long...

2. Daoxer

OP Daoxer Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Nope, not really. I've always just stuffed it in there. Its not going to impede airflow or cause any other problems.

3. WeAreVenom

WeAreVenom Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    @Daoxer

Wow that's amazing. Just ordered one from amazon for the 50k series. Can't wait to try it out :D

Last edited by WeAreVenom, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Daoxer

Newcomer

United States
    That is great WeAreVenom. Thank you for your order. I did see your question about sending your PS2 to me, but didn't reply yet. I am not wanting to install these. The process isn't that bad. If you have any questions about the installation my email is on an insert in the package. We also have an installation manual available that has a ton of pictures. Just shoot me an email and I'll send it over. Alternatively you can check out the install video done by TheGameTinkerer. It gives you a very good idea of what you'll have to do. I'll repost that below:

WeAreVenom likes this.
  5. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

United States
    Just got one of these in the mail. Dead silent and fit fine in an SCPH-39001. Only potential issue here is CFM as I don’t feel like this fan is putting out as much air as the stock fan and I am not sure how much the PS2 needs to cool properly.

I do plan to run FreeHDBoot on it using a modern HDD so the ramp up for the HDD initialization should boost the fan speed and thus CFM higher.

6. Woxinum

Woxinum Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    @Daoxer

Any plan on releasing STL file to allow users to print the part themselves ? :)

7. Daoxer

Newcomer

United States
    No, not at this time.

Woxinum likes this.
  8. OlivusPrime

OlivusPrime Newbie
    Newcomer

I dug out my PS2 for the first time in a while the other day, and with it now being in a small room with hard surfaces, the fan noise was unbearable. A Google search later and I found this, which I promptly ordered from eBay.

Very glad that a solution like this exists for techno scrubs like me. I prefer to not make permanent changes to my hardware/games, and my soldering skills are very rusty, so this plug-in solution is ideal. The guide for installation in particular is clearer than plenty of other hardware disassembly guides I've seen.

The result is virtually silent, with a very very quiet hum. In fact, it's very strange now booting up the PS2 without it sounding like it's going to detonate. I've played games for a couple of hours or so without any temperature issues too, with the console feeling about the same warmth throughout.

In my eyes, this is an essential mod for anyone still playing on a fat PS2.

Daoxer likes this.
  9. Daoxer

Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for the great review OlivusPrime!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - noctua, quiet,