Hardware PS2 Emulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinSimpson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Is there a possible PS2 emulator out for the wii currently? I know there is a PS1 emulator but I need a PS2 emulator for the game I wish to play. The article I read was 3 years old and it said that it wasn't possible but I'm wondering if there is one today?

And if not, how about an Xbox emulator? The ORIGINAL xbox, not the 360. I want to play Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. Its the only game of the series I haven't played yet.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, and even if some one did make an emulator for the PS2 or Xbox on the Wii it would run about 5-10 frames a second at best, more likely it would run at 1-2 frames a second...

JustinSimpson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I mean I didn't think it was because of the hardware, just that no one was able to make a successful emulator. People on that article I was saying was like how the Wii's hardware was pretty much double the PS2 but it had trouble running emulators to the top speed, such as like why some N64 emulators were laggy.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I mean I didn't think it was because of the hardware, just that no one was able to make a successful emulator. People on that article I was saying was like how the Wii's hardware was pretty much double the PS2 but it had trouble running emulators to the top speed, such as like why some N64 emulators were laggy.
Emulation is not 1:1 on specs. In most cases estimates are more like 1:8 or even up to 1:25.

Emulation is not running the games natively, and it's a very complex thing which is why it takes time, but even with time the spec barrier is a hard barrier.

Reactions: 1 person

loco365

Trophies
XP
I once read that in order to successfully emulate a game system, the host has to be at least 10 times as powerful as the original to have it work.

You can forget about PS2 emulation, the Wii can barely handle the PS1. Although it'd be cool to see someone prove me wrong and make an emulator that can kinda be used, but I don't see that happening in the foreseeable future.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can forget about PS2 emulation, the Wii can barely handle the PS1. Although it'd be cool to see someone prove me wrong and make an emulator that can kinda be used, but I don't see that happening in the foreseeable future.

What do you think Emukidid and Sepp have been working on for the past two years?

D

Deleted-236924

Wouldn't it be possible to make a proof-of-concept emulator, kinda like the GBA Emulator for DS/i from ichichfly?

JustinSimpson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I have a PS2. The thing is, no stores around me sell the game as much as I've looked, and I don't trust online buying cause the last 4 times I bought something, it came with the case, but inside was a completely different CD and they didn't even allow me to mail it back to get a refund.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would look into ways of modding your PS2, because an emulator is out of the question. Even if you could get the game to run, it would be a diluted experience. There are probably ways of playing games off a hard drive now so that you don't even need to hard-mod your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse