PS2 Disc readin issues

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by TGBoy, Nov 20, 2007.

Nov 20, 2007

PS2 Disc readin issues by TGBoy at 7:57 PM (580 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. TGBoy
    OP

Member TGBoy GBAtemp Regular

Kuwait
    My PS2 nowadays just randomly reads discs and sometimes doesnt.. Is it coz of the lens? I had it replaced a couple of months bac.
    By the way i havent used a single original disc in my PS2. Does playin non original discs affect the lens of the PS2?

2. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Check the PS2 is on a hard flat surface if it's horizontal (rather than a carpet). Or try standing the console on it's side and see if that helps; when I was reading up on problems with reading blue discs a few sites recomended that. Otherwise it might be the lens, but the fact that you had it replaced recently... is the replacement part covered by a warranty of any sort?

Or maybe the lens just needs cleaning. You'd be surprised what difference that can make [​IMG]

Non-original discs shouldn't damage the lens, but they may be harder for the PS2 to read than an official disc. How is it with DVD's?

3. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    the lens is dying :-( happened to me

your best bet is to buy a new ps2 OR get a hardrive and use the independence exploit

4. TGBoy
    OP

Member TGBoy GBAtemp Regular

Kuwait
    not covered under warranty.. guess i will let it collect dust.. thanks for the info.
    anyways i have a DS and Wii ..
    By the way DVD+R arent bad for Wii right? All my games are DVD+R (Sony).. they wont damage the lens in the long run rite?