PS1/2 PS2* defeated - MechaPwn

mazingetter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hi! I got a softmodded SCPH-90001, I have read the readme in GitHub and for the 7500x to 9000x it doesn’t say anything about ps1 backups. Does that mean that those consoles can’t play ps1 backups even if I use mechapwn?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I got a softmodded SCPH-90001, I have read the readme in GitHub and for the 7500x to 9000x it doesn’t say anything about ps1 backups. Does that mean that those consoles can’t play ps1 backups even if I use mechapwn?
That can play backups fine. Just switch your console to DTL-H90001. If you want to bypass AntiMod screens and can handle PAL for the system menus, you can set it to DTL-H90004 and use PS1VMODENEG to launch games in NTSC when needed. This is because the AntiMod code disables itself when run on a European system.

mazingetter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
That can play backups fine. Just switch your console to DTL-H90001. If you want to bypass AntiMod screens and can handle PAL for the system menus, you can set it to DTL-H90004 and use PS1VMODENEG to launch games in NTSC when needed. This is because the AntiMod code disables itself when run on a European system.

Nice! Thanks! Will try it later and see how it goes

Droderic

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Odd question, not sure if anyone can answer. I have a PAL 70000 ps2 slim model. I don't really want to get a deckard model, as I still believe the 70000 to be the best ps2 model available, due to having all ps1 hardware still on-board in a small form factor offering the best backwards compatibility. It also includes the solder points for a physical IDE HDD as well. Lets say I obtain a broken NTSC 70000 ps2 slim. Could I swap the IOP ROM (or BIOS, not sure which one) chip from the broken PS2 to the working PAL 70000 PS2 to get MechaPWN working with all retail discs on the PAL 70000? I know this sounds ridiculous, and is more trouble than it's worth, but it is interesting in theory.

Last edited by Droderic,

Cake4all

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've tried doing this (DTL-H75003 and PS1VMODENEG to launch games in NTSC when needed) for my PAL 75003. When I try and load NTSC PS1 backups I just get a black screen

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried doing this (DTL-H75003 and PS1VMODENEG to launch games in NTSC when needed) for my PAL 75003. When I try and load NTSC PS1 backups I just get a black screen
What video cables are you using? I have had no issues with RGB SCART and I am positive component worked as well.

Cake4all

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What video cables are you using? I have had no issues with RGB SCART and I am positive component worked as well.
Thanks for replying, I'm using component cables. Maybe I should try composite or S-Video.

EDIT: I have tried this without PS1VMODENEG as well and I get the same results.

Cake4all

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you tried NTSC originals or PAL backups to determine if the discs did not burn properly?
I've tried all the discs before and they work fine. Strangely if I set my PS2 to DTL-H75001 the NTSC games work fine, the PAL games also run but don't fit on the screen so I need to use PS1VMODENEG for them.

It's just a bit of a pain going through the extra steps using PS1VMODENEG as nearly all of my games are PAL.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried all the discs before and they work fine. Strangely if I set my PS2 to DTL-H75001 the NTSC games work fine, the PAL games also run but don't fit on the screen so I need to use PS1VMODENEG for them.

It's just a bit of a pain going through the extra steps using PS1VMODENEG as nearly all of my games are PAL.

I believe that is normal operation for PAL firmwares. I use DTL-H75004 as I have a modchip so it will boot any game and bypass PS1 AntiMod.

Only NTSC firmware allows you to play out of region games, which is why it is not working. I think I forgot in an earlier response that this is how it works since I had a modchip bypassing the limitations for me allowing AntiMod games to work on my console with MechaPwn.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: like bro do something different, get some men