Hacking PS2 Classics Emu: is there a way to update .Config without rebuilding .FPKG?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,685
  • Replies 7
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

OP
I am going to need to adjust the memory ranges for a particular command quite a bit until I can narrow it down as close as possible; Is there a way I can make the needed changes to the config file after each attempt in the form of a custom update, or are we stuck having to rebuild the .FPKG in order to add a new config each attempt?

Thank you in advance

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to need to adjust the memory ranges for a particular command quite a bit until I can narrow it down as close as possible; Is there a way I can make the needed changes to the config file after each attempt in the form of a custom update, or are we stuck having to rebuild the .FPKG in order to add a new config each attempt?

Thank you in advance

Why not just build an update fpkg with the minimum required files and the changed cfg file.

Add 0.01 to the version each iteration.

Or could you FTP the new config to the installed folder and overwrite it?

Last edited by KiiWii,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Why not just build an update fpkg with the minimum required files and the changed cfg file.

Add 0.01 to the version each iteration.

Or could you FTP the new config to the installed folder and overwrite it?

I have not done anything with my hacked ps4 since roughly June 2019, I was unsure what the procedure was (if any) to update custom installed games, but I am pleased to hear there is a simple method. Is there a guide on making an update fpkg on here?

Thank you for your help, this has really helped my motivation in the face of the tedium that awaits me...

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have not done anything with my hacked ps4 since roughly June 2019, I was unsure what the procedure was (if any) to update custom installed games, but I am pleased to hear there is a simple method. Is there a guide on making an update fpkg on here?

Thank you for your help, this has really helped my motivation in the face of the tedium that awaits me...

Check the AIO thread and search for: “CUSTOM FAKE UPDATES:”

https://gbatemp.net/threads/aio-ps4-exploit-guide.497858/

Reactions: Deleted User

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you definitely correctly follow this step by step?

Open the GP4 in notepad and change "<volume_type>pkg_ps4_app</volume_type>" to "<volume_type>pkg_ps4_patch</volume_type>" &
"digital50" to "digital25".
Open PARAM.SFO in hexeditor, search for and change "1.00...........gd" to "1.01...........gp" and save. (GD = game disc, GP = game patch)

and then use the patch tab?

D

Deleted User

OP
Did you definitely correctly follow this step by step?

and then use the patch tab?
I double checked in HXD (for the pkg) and note pad (for the gp4) and yes, I changed those values.

<volume_type>pkg_ps4_patch</volume_type>" &
"digital25"

"1.01...........gp"

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
OP has reported his issue as resolved, so I'll close this thread, but I'll keep it up in case someone has a similar problem in the future.

Reactions: KiiWii
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c