PS1/2 ps2 can play dvd-9 games but not dvd-r

poopoorenn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Everyone,

i need some suggestions, i have ps2 slim model scph-7504 that can play dvd-9 ps2 pirated games but when i tried to download an iso ps2 game and burned it with dvd-r my ps2 can't read it. why is that?

i hope you can help me, Thanks in advance :)

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could also be the game not liking that model of PS2. I had one that wouldn't run on my slim even though other backups ran fine, yet it runs on my old wore out early model PS2 just fine. Try another game and see if it works.

poopoorenn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you patch it with ESR?

i did not patch it with ESR because those games that i burned can play it with my cousins ps2.

Could also be the game not liking that model of PS2. I had one that wouldn't run on my slim even though other backups ran fine, yet it runs on my old wore out early model PS2 just fine. Try another game and see if it works.

i've tried 4 games already but still it doesn't work on my ps2, but when i tried that 4 games with my cousins ps2 it works on his console.

poopoorenn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i just recently found out about modding your ps2, so im kind of newbie in terms of modding. and here in our country i think swap magic isn't available i don't where to find it, is it downloadable?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no i did not, i just put the game in it and it just played without any problem, he's ps2 model is scph-9006 its not even hard modded or soft modded.
There is no way PS2 will play burned disc without either modchip, ESR, or Swap Magic.

* Modchip is hardmod.
* ESR is softmod, relying on a disc loader called ESR to load the game. ISO must be patched with ESR prior to burning or ESR loading will not work.
* Swap Magic is an actual disc that is manufactured in a way to fool PS2 into thinking it is an authentic disc. Swap Magic stops the PS2 disc drive, allowing you to swap in a burned disc and play them.

Based on your description, your cousin's SCPH-90006 is hard modded. FreeMcboot (memory card exploit that allows you to run ESR) does NOT work on most 9000x series since Sony patched the exploit. And since you did not mention swapping the disc, the only way your cousin's PS2 plays burned disc is if that PS2 has a mod chip installed.

Hence you are back to square one.

* First you need a memory card with FreeMcboot exploit.
* Next you need to patch your ISO with ESR, then burn them on to DVD-R. Quality DVD-R would be Tayio Yuden. Burn it at 8x.

poopoorenn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There is no way PS2 will play burned disc without either modchip, ESR, or Swap Magic.

* Modchip is hardmod.
* ESR is softmod, relying on a disc loader called ESR to load the game. ISO must be patched with ESR prior to burning or ESR loading will not work.
* Swap Magic is an actual disc that is manufactured in a way to fool PS2 into thinking it is an authentic disc. Swap Magic stops the PS2 disc drive, allowing you to swap in a burned disc and play them.

Based on your description, your cousin's SCPH-90006 is hard modded. FreeMcboot (memory card exploit that allows you to run ESR) does NOT work on 9000x series since Sony patched the exploit. And since you did not mention swapping the disc, the only way your cousin's PS2 plays burned disc is if that PS2 has a mod chip installed.

* Next you need to patch your ISO with ESR, then burn them on to DVD-R. Quality DVD-R would be Tayio Yuden. Burn it at 8x.

thank you, i will let you know if it works, :)

poopoorenn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

* Modchip is hardmod.

Based on your description, your cousin's SCPH-90006 is hard modded. FreeMcboot (memory card exploit that allows you to run ESR) does NOT work on most 9000x series since Sony patched the exploit. And since you did not mention swapping the disc, the only way your cousin's PS2 plays burned disc is if that PS2 has a mod chip installed.

what is freemcboot exploit and how to put that in my memory card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup