PS1 title Aconcagua gets English fan translation

Back in 2000, Sony released Aconcagua, a point-and-click adventure game about survivors of a crash trying to safely make their way down the Aconcagua mountain in Argentina while being targeted by the terrorists who blew up their plane. While there is English voice acting, the game was never released outside of Japan, meaning the menus and subtitles for non-voice acted parts were only available in Japanese.

Now, fan translator Hilltop has released an English translation patch on their Patreon (while it's hosted on Patreon, the file is freely available to everybody).

Hilltop has a few other Japan-only PlayStation translations available on his Patreon, including the shoot-'em-up Harmful Park and the street-racing RPG Racing Lagoon. They are also currently gauging interest for the next translation.

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I watched the video first and thought for a second that the modders might have recorded silly sounding voice lines in the vein of localizations of the time, but I guess it was already there. It's quite a bit disappointing that the devs would localize and record the whole script and do nothing with it for so long.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's looking better than 90% of the PS1 title, it's sad that sony never release outside japan, it's nice to see people still do an awesome job to release a fan translation.
Hilltop has been consistently translating some pretty interesting titles. I used to really want to play Racing Lagoon in English and admittedly still haven't since the release of the translation, but now have it ready to go and am planning to give it a shot soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I like it when usps is like delivery expexted Today jk we meant tomorrow