Gaming ps0, what are those other crystals for?

Unima

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well.. the title should explain it if you've played ps0.

I couldn't figure out what those other crystals are for... I mean those that you find all the time... right now I am like.. level 13 and have 25 of these... what are they for?
I don't mean those that say something plus lvl. (

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
well i don't get you, so try to be precise and clearer! i know is japanese.. but at least a clearer explaination, so i can help
smile.gif

what is the colour of the crystal? yellow?

it could be magic/technique... where the level of the item would not exceed level 15
consumable items
some can be upgrades like grinding tool or elemental upgrade (you required over the shop)
rare items (normally obtain after you beat the boss or completion of quest) that can be upgraded to something else
some items would transform your MAGS to something else
money (meseta)
photon drops that you can exchange for upgrades over the sewer
last but not least it could also be upgrades for your stats

blue would be armours
red would be rare weapons

Unima

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It was the photon drops I meant. I didn't know about that manhole until recently, whereas I saw that photon drops acts like currency.

As for the other crystals, I figured there would be at least one kind of crystals that would change the elemental affix or add some kind of special effect to the weapon.

Also, something caught my interest... what do you mean by grinding tool?

You say red itemcrystals are rare weapons, well I found one red itemcrystal in Oblivion City, thing is it wasn't no weapon, it was a crystal (yeah like an upgrade crystal). I think I spent it to upgrade my weapon.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
sorry .. my bad...
red crystals are for items as well ( i let that slipped of my mind)..
as you progress towards HARD or SUPERHARD you will encounter more red crystal drops

by the way.. off topic.. there is this machine over the sewer.. if you key in certain password you can get limited edition weapons (although not powerful but is limited edition)

Unima

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
elixirdream said:
sorry .. my bad...
red crystals are for items as well ( i let that slipped of my mind)..
as you progress towards HARD or SUPERHARD you will encounter more red crystal drops

by the way.. off topic.. there is this machine over the sewer.. if you key in certain password you can get limited edition weapons (although not powerful but is limited edition)

Yeah, I figured it had to be for something like that... (I am speaking of that machine).

Now, grind tools? Do I these later in the game or have I possibly spent these on something?
Also, can I get the katakana for Grinding tools? Romaji is fine too.

Thanks for all the help so far! You've been very helpful!

EDIT: By the way... the guy in the sewer, is he like the grind tool guy?

EDIT again: I have a di grinder and a mono grinder. What do I do with these?
Di grinder, mono grinder, tri grinder... I can't figure out what these are for..

davislim

Trophies
Website
davis91lim.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
Senegal
for grinding stuff go to the store right of the weapon shop...NOT IN SEWER...
the guy in sewer is the weapon maker....he make weapon wif monster drop...(i tink...no jap knowledege)
the girl in sewer is photon drop trader

Unima

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, the guy to the right of the weaponshop... the wierd looking guy.
He gives me two options.
Either Elemental something
or Photon something.
Any of those options give me an error message...
Although I can use my grinders directly from my inventory... adds +1 to whatever item I pick.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you must have a element item to be able to add it to a weapon or change it on a weapon. if your weapon is fully grinded, you can choose the second option at that guys shop to add 5-15% of damage to a certain species.

Unima

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, that's what I figured... So what I really need is elemental grinders and not mono/di/tri grinders... I only use these from the item menu... right?

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
example; you have the fire element item and the weapon you want to change its status effect has the chaos effect. go to the guy and choose first option and pick your weapon and pick the fire element. it will now turn your weapon from LV.x chaos to LV.x fire. the x is what level its currently at. you cannot raise it. if you want a higher level status effect you must find a weapon with a higher level.

Unima

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh okay, so I can use the photonthingy option to increase the weapon's damage.. but It has to be fully grinded... Do I need any material to do this? And how do I know when a weapon is fully grinded? +99?

Also, could you explain what mono/di/tri grinders does, or at least the difference between the three?

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the max a weapon can be grinded up to is 50 and it really depends on the weapon. some can grind to 5, 10, 20, 40, 50. maybe some in between. just use your grinders until you cant grind no more then go to the guy and add more % of damage to a species. i suggest you aim for 15%. dont go for the 5 or 10%. save and quit before doing it and if you dont get the 15%, quit but dont save.

monogrinder = 1-3*
digrinder = 1-5*
trigrinders = 1-7*

you can grind armor too.

Unima

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, I got my weapon up to 50 and added another extra 15% damage against machines.

I couldn't figure out what the first option was...

but if I remember correctly then it should be something like this.

1st Option: ??

2nd Option: Beast

3rd Option: Machine

4th Option: Dark

Let's just make things clear here...
There are two stats shown on the first page of a weapon, those are attack and hitrating, right? As for armor, defense and guard/blockrate? or possibly evasion?

And for other people that might want to learn one thing or another:
Those items that looks like discs and go under the classification of armor can be equipped, depending on how many 'slots' your equipped armor has... The amount of slots is usually 0-3, but some armors tend to have even higher amounts of slots...
Now one disk can be equipped per slot, so choose carefully which ones to equipp... I tend to get alot of +Mind and +Ice Resistance disks...
I haven't played for too long, but there probably are rare disks that increase other stats such as attack or... I can't think of anything else...

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that 1st option is native. armor has defense and evasion. they can also have a max of 4 slots. no more than 4 and no item to add more slots like in pso.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16