Hacking PS Vita Won't show up on PC

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My vita won't show up on pc even though is recognized by the PC, yesterday it worked it did show up as driver d on my pc but when i tried to copy something from my pc to my vita (official sd card 8gb ) stopped working: and when i looked at the driver d it showed 0 bytes free of 7,44
unknown.png

But im able to get to this meaning the vita will connect to pc:
cm_wifi_pc_03.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used this to connect my vita to pc using vitashell and qcma
I opened qcma.
Plug in the vita.
Opened vitashell.
Select usb and memory card then pressed select it said connected usb
It worked but when i tried to copy something from pc to vita it worked for a bit then stopped.
It said driver needs repair and i pressed it on mistake but i restarted the pc right away.
Tried again to plug in the pc with qcma and vitashell it shows up a bit then disappear then used zadig to fix it, and it didnt worked not will not show at all.

This is how is it showing when i plug in the vita on my pc with qcma on device manager and zadig (content manager works):
upload_2021-9-20_19-48-53.png

upload_2021-9-20_19-50-15.png

<<<<------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>>>>>
And this is when i try to use vitashell:
upload_2021-9-20_19-53-27.png

upload_2021-9-20_19-54-22.png

upload_2021-9-20_19-54-53.png

<<<<------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>>>>>

I tried all using only vitashell without qcma still the same thing it won't show up. uninstall qcma install it agaian, restart pc all sort of things uninstall drivers etc still wont show up on my computer.
I'm missing something? do i need install some kind of plugin? Any help please?
System Sofware 3.65 h-2

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it sounds like you're doing everything right. no one knows why sometimes vitas don't connect afaik. I've found the smb causes some issues. you might try changing to smb 1.0 (don't know if it will work). it's under windows features if using windows 10. it shouldn't affect this (mostly ftp type stuff like the original 3ds micro sd management, but I know it affected me when I changed it).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, windows features is in the same location as add/remove programs in case you don't know. you can enable or disable its features from there. I don't think this will work, but it's worth a try if using windows 10. windows 7 should be good (not sure about windows 8 or 8.1).

Reactions: ILeo and NeoGranzon

0x3000027E

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My vita won't show up on pc even though is recognized by the PC, yesterday it worked it did show up as driver d on my pc but when i tried to copy something from my pc to my vita (official sd card 8gb ) stopped working: and when i looked at the driver d it showed 0 bytes free of 7,44
unknown.png

But im able to get to this meaning the vita will connect to pc:
cm_wifi_pc_03.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used this to connect my vita to pc using vitashell and qcma
I opened qcma.
Plug in the vita.
Opened vitashell.
Select usb and memory card then pressed select it said connected usb
It worked but when i tried to copy something from pc to vita it worked for a bit then stopped.
It said driver needs repair and i pressed it on mistake but i restarted the pc right away.
Tried again to plug in the pc with qcma and vitashell it shows up a bit then disappear then used zadig to fix it, and it didnt worked not will not show at all.

This is how is it showing when i plug in the vita on my pc with qcma on device manager and zadig (content manager works):
View attachment 276474

View attachment 276475
And this is when i try to use vitashell:
View attachment 276477
View attachment 276478
View attachment 276479

I tried all using only vitashell without qcma still the same thing it won't show up. uninstall qcma install it agaian, restart pc all sort of things uninstall drivers etc still wont show up on my computer.
I'm missing something? do i need install some kind of plugin? Any help please?
System Sofware 3.65 h-2

This is a very difficult problem to troubleshoot because there are so many factors involved. In most cases, the problem lies on the PC end. Just a few weeks ago we had someone on our forum using a free version of Avast that was causing problems. Once the Avast program was put into "silent-mode" indefinitely , the vita connected to the PC. Firewalls have caused problems, even networks in some cases.

Reactions: ILeo and godreborn

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it sounds like you're doing everything right. no one knows why sometimes vitas don't connect afaik. I've found the smb causes some issues. you might try changing to smb 1.0 (don't know if it will work). it's under windows features if using windows 10. it shouldn't affect this (mostly ftp type stuff like the original 3ds micro sd management, but I know it affected me when I changed it).

btw, windows features is in the same location as add/remove programs in case you don't know. you can enable or disable its features from there. I don't think this will work, but it's worth a try if using windows 10. windows 7 should be good (not sure about windows 8 or 8.1).
Will try that also will try to see if my antivirus has something to say too. i'm still waiting for my sd2vita card adapter to come and i guess it will be easier to copy files into that one since ill take it out from the vita and use it with the adaport to connect it to the pc.
-------edit
Also will check on the firewall too

Last edited by ILeo,
Reactions: godreborn

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

This is a very difficult problem to troubleshoot because there are so many factors involved. In most cases, the problem lies on the PC end. Just a few weeks ago we had someone on our forum using a free version of Avast that was causing problems. Once the Avast program was put into "silent-mode" indefinitely , the vita connected to the PC. Firewalls have caused problems, even networks in some cases.
upload_2021-9-20_23-18-13.png

I tried this but it seems not to install, this is how it was with qcma the first time, it had winusb --> libusbk and now ill try to install it back but it wont work
upload_2021-9-20_23-22-27.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-9-20_23-18-2.png
    upload_2021-9-20_23-18-2.png
    63.8 KB · Views: 204

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@ILeo ,have you tried to change usb cable?
Now i'll explain why on my PCs(Win 10 notebook and Win 7 Ultimate desktop)if i connect my Galaxy Note 9 to transfer files or copy them with the USB-C cable with which i charge it,it always disconnects and i can't do anything,i changed usb-C cable and now i can copy files,using DEX and do usb tethering without problems.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have Sony CMA installed you should remove it if you want to use QCMA, as for usb connection make sure you get a good cable, also confirm your ports is working first before trying to troubleshoot it with Zadig, the correct driver is libusbk.

Altenatively you can use molecular shell if you can get your hand on the files, you can access your vita via ftp.

Reactions: ILeo

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you have Sony CMA installed you should remove it if you want to use QCMA, as for usb connection make sure you get a good cable, also confirm your ports is working first before trying to troubleshoot it with Zadig, the correct driver is libusbk.

Altenatively you can use molecular shell if you can get your hand on the files, you can access your vita via ftp.
I have both Sony CMA and QCMA installed on Windows 7 Ultimate(32bit)and Windows 10(64bit) and they work fine without creating conflicts between them.
Specifically i have a PS Vita Slim(2000 series)with 3.65 Enso,i don't know if with a PS Vita Fat(1000 series)things are different.

Last edited by NeoGranzon,
Reactions: ILeo and Hayato213

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both Sony CMA and QCMA installed on Windows 7 Ultimate(32bit)and Windows 10(64bit) and they work fine without creating conflicts between them.
Specifically i have a PS Vita Slim(2000 series)with 3.65 Enso,idon't know if with a PS Vita Fat(1000 series)things are different.

Well more like has a driver and/or usb cable/port problem, the correct driver is libusbk

Reactions: ILeo and NeoGranzon

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried but it seems that it is not the cable it might be the pc itself ill try soon another pc

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's extremely finicky with the vita. there have been mass reports of it not working on several different versions of windows. it's a mystery that probably sums up to poor software coding of the vita itself.

btw, I tried connecting my vita yesterday to a new pc due to this thread, and it wouldn't make a connection. it detected only one cable, a super long 10ft ps4 charging cable, but I think it was too long to get a connection actually. the vita detected it, so I bought a 3ft data cable from ebay. I'll let you know what happens.

Reactions: NeoGranzon and ILeo

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it's extremely finicky with the vita. there have been mass reports of it not working on several different versions of windows. it's a mystery that probably sums up to poor software coding of the vita itself.

btw, I tried connecting my vita yesterday to a new pc due to this thread, and it wouldn't make a connection. it detected only one cable, a super long 10ft ps4 charging cable, but I think it was too long to get a connection actually. the vita detected it, so I bought a 3ft data cable from ebay. I'll let you know what happens.
Ohhh really curious about it, mainly i think the pc is the problem here.
I'm still waiting for my sd2vita card adapter to arrive, maybe that will show up on the pc.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't test vita shell. in the past, on the other pc, I've never had a problem even if I had issues with qcma. I only tested qcma here.

btw, wifi worked, but the code to enter on the vita was cut off at the bottom, so I had to guess by only seeing the top of the code. I've encountered some graphical issues with this new pc. however, it's much faster than the last one.

I also had to add qcma to mcafee (the trial version that came with the pc) manually or else I think the pc was detected, but it would fail.

Reactions: NeoGranzon and ILeo

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I think the main problem is the cable, i tried to charge my ps vita with an adapter not official one and it wasnt charging but when i tried another power brick adapter worked just fine, same when i try to plug it in the pc should charge but it doesnt charge, so i think the main problem is the cable but i dont know how is that a problem since works kinda?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end