Hacking PS Vita Update Blocker doesn't work, but says it does

MRsonic699

OP
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Heyo. I just got my PS Vita today, and I'm on 3.60. Installed Henkaku, and that worked just fine. I'm currently trying to connect to PSN, so I downloaded vita_update_blocker_v1.2.exe and currently running it. I went to my connection settings, set up the proxy ip and port that I saw on vita update blocker, and connected to PSN. Right now I just want to download the Project Diva X demo, but as soon as I sign into my account, it told me that I must update my system in order to sign in.

I'm a bit confused. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a limitation? Just before this I went into safe mode, restored the System to default, rebuilt the database, and formatted the memory card. I did disable the download system update automatically thing. Is there still a chance that there are update files in memory, while I was setting up my wifi connection? If so, how should I get rid of them?

Thanks a lot for any help!

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Heyo. I just got my PS Vita today, and I'm on 3.60. Installed Henkaku, and that worked just fine. I'm currently trying to connect to PSN, so I downloaded vita_update_blocker_v1.2.exe and currently running it. I went to my connection settings, set up the proxy ip and port that I saw on vita update blocker, and connected to PSN. Right now I just want to download the Project Diva X demo, but as soon as I sign into my account, it told me that I must update my system in order to sign in.

I'm a bit confused. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a limitation? Just before this I went into safe mode, restored the System to default, rebuilt the database, and formatted the memory card. I did disable the download system update automatically thing. Is there still a chance that there are update files in memory, while I was setting up my wifi connection? If so, how should I get rid of them?

Thanks a lot for any help!

The proxy no longer works on 3.60

Reactions: gnmmarechal

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I think the only way to do it now is using a legit PS3 console. I'm in the same situation, as I just bought a PSTV and it needs activating so I can use bought PSN titles.

MRsonic699

OP
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Damn. My PS3 died years ago, and I don't remember any friend having one, I really wish it worked. Also, since I'm new to this, will a game card of Project Diva f 2nd work just fine without telling me to update? I'm guessing yes, but just making sure.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
If you are trying to do VHBL installs, then you need a PSP demo or bought PSP game from the store. Never played that game in question but physical copies should not pose a problem unless the game is a online only one.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
If you are trying to do VHBL installs, then you need a PSP demo or bought PSP game from the store. Never played that game in question but physical copies should not pose a problem unless the game is a online only one.
he is not. Project Diva f 2nd and Project Diva X are not PSP titles.

MRsonic699

OP
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Alrighty, cool beans. I was just looking to enjoy that demo. I haven't dug into VHBL yet, and I'm not sure where to get a PSP demo, since PSN isn't an option anymore. I do really like the progress I'm seeing in the Vita hacking scene though, so I can just stick around and wait for a while for things to bloom.

D

Deleted-355425

Alrighty, cool beans. I was just looking to enjoy that demo. I haven't dug into VHBL yet, and I'm not sure where to get a PSP demo, since PSN isn't an option anymore. I do really like the progress I'm seeing in the Vita hacking scene though, so I can just stick around and wait for a while for things to bloom.

The vita ring/scene has said that vhbl will be pointless in the following weeks so i wouldn't be surprised if they have something in the works :P

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
The vita ring/scene has said that vhbl will be pointless in the following weeks so i wouldn't be surprised if they have something in the works :P
it'll never be pointless unless we get something like TN-V. Running homebrew from the humongous PSP library is awesome.

AsmodeusML

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
For now all we can do is use PS3 to download PSN content and wait for a possible FW spoofer. Not like it makes a difference for me lol, Vita was just gathering dust for like a year after I played P4G

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok goodnight. Have a talk with your older brother when you get a chance. Don't be ashamed, we all have issues in our life, so you are not alone.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [He will] only make $1.5 million per night after taxes. Poor guy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My stupid computer chair keeps slowly going down, but I don't notice it goes down, until I'm like reaching up to my desk. I just bought this f er last year.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Does Bruno Mars is gay?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    K3nv2 would know...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only for Bakers
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I heard he has a Wario fetish, but only if no Wizards are around.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    jk with you Bakerman, much love. fist bump.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He really knows how to kneed the dough
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Man. I can't wait til CTGP 8 comes out on Switch, been waiting forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Boners Makes me wanna play Duck Hunt NES
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pooping nice
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is a "Poop de Boop"? I've heard it mentioned several times now but have no idea and can't find anything online bout it. Is it a British term for restroom/bathroom or something?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It is a perfume
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why do we have virgin islands if it's populated
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They should change the name to K3Nv2's Mom islands. (Or before he responds, My Wifeys Islands)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah me saying that's more predictable than you talking about my mom
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hence urewifes so predictable she'd buy every man on the virgin islands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or they buy her
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    true dat, on that note I'ma try go get some myself, peace!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess she doesn't need to be bought she has your money
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess she doesn't need to be bought she has your money +1