BaconBits

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sales of Sony's PS Vita console got off to a "disappointing" start in the UK, it has been confirmed.

Week one Chart-Track figures reveal that Sony's new handheld device sold "around one quarter" of the number of the 185,000 PSP units shifted in the UK during its first week on sale back in September 2005.

Half-hearted

Although exact data has not been publicly announced by either Chart-Track or Sony, industry sources have confirmed that the figure is "just over half" of the 89,000 sold by the Nintendo 3DS in its first week almost a year ago.

With pre-orders of Vita reportedly around the 70,000 mark, Sony will be hoping that the generally positive critical reception to its new device will coax cash-strapped consumers into shelling out for its next generation handheld.

The news comes hours after Sony elected to publish a global figure for Vita sales to date of 1.2 million.

With total Japanese sales confirmed as being 578,812 on February 19th, the remaining 600,000 will have been split between the remaining worldwide territories.

Figures from other Western territories have yet to emerge.

'We all saw it coming'

Meanwhile, one senior source felt that the low UK sales should not come as a surprise.

"It's disappointing, sure, but we all saw it coming," said the source.

"Realistically, I think a lot of people can see it's technically a great system, but people just don't have the cash to shell out for the same game twice. A lot will be waiting for a true system seller before taking the plunge, or, more likely, be happier continuing to pay 69p for dozens of mobile games.

"The market has changed," the source concluded.

http://www.pocketgam...ews.asp?c=38346

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
do we really need two vita sales threads.
Der Krieg ist verloren, fanboys will be fanboys. ;)One thread is simply not enough to contain all the possible replies, we need at least five more so that replying is greatly facilitated.
Only a fanboy would object to people posting news in the user submitted news section.
Only a fanboy would think that it is vital to inform the community of what it has already been informed. Information about the Vita sales belongs in the Vita sales thread, why make another one if you already have one at bay, posted today at that? ;)

BaconBits

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do we really need two vita sales threads.
Der Krieg ist verloren, fanboys will be fanboys. ;)One thread is simply not enough to contain all the possible replies, we need at least five more so that replying is greatly facilitated.
Only a fanboy would object to people posting news in the user submitted news section.
Only a fanboy would think that it is vital to inform the community of what it has already been informed. Information about the Vita sales belongs in the Vita sales thread, why make another one if you already have one at bay, posted today at that? ;)

Only a fanboy would use the "only a fanboy" argument that was just used against him.

This is regional information and it applies directly to many people on this site because its based in the UK.

Basically Vita flopped in the UK, but its doing farily well in the rest of the world.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Only a fanboy would use the "only a fanboy" argument that was just used against him.

This is regional information and it applies directly to many people on this site because its based in the UK.

Basically Vita flopped in the UK, but its doing farily well in the rest of the world.
What I used is called Repetition, it's a literary device.*sighs* Clearly you don't know me and I don't feel like making another outburst a'la the Anti-Valwin campaign, you probably won't know what it means but this is one of the many Valwinated threads in USN. The info you are posting is in direct connection to the other sales thread, to the point that it even quotes the same numbers in sales. If you can't see that, I really can't help you.

At the end of the day it will be the moderators who'll judge the value of this thread.
For all your other News needs, there is the ValwinCard.

BaconBits

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What I used is called Repetition, it's a literary device.*sighs* Clearly you don't know me and I don't feel like making another outburst a'la the Anti-Valwin campaign, you probably won't know what it means but this is one of the many Valwinated threads in USN. The info you are posting is in direct connection to the other sales thread, to the point that it even quotes the same numbers in sales. If you can't see that, I really can't help you.

At the end of the day it will be the moderators who'll judge the value of this thread.

You just want to silence this topic because you don't agree with its content. What kind of person does something like that? Why are you against freedom of speech?

I can't say anything about Valywin because I don't know what you're talking about.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Interesting....I'm laughing so much, o boy the joy of reading this article has made my day, the fact is that 3DS
has sold 113k, not 89k stupid article and PS vita sales is most likely BS as well
:)

~Have a nice day people.

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

You just want to silence this topic because you don't agree with its content. What kind of person does something like that? Why are you against freedom of speech?

I can't say anything about Valywin because I don't know what you're talking about.
I want this topic merged with another topic because it's useless clutter as a separate one, how is that hard to compute? I refuse to reply to you any further, I expect a mod to purge this thread anyways, there's already too much off-topicness in it.

BaconBits

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting....I'm laughing so much, o boy the joy of reading this article has made my day, the fact is that 3DS
has sold 113k, not 89k stupid article and PS vita sales is most likely BS as well

~Have a nice day people.

How much did the 3DS sell when it launched in the UK? It would be good to see a comparisson.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

~Have a nice day people.

How much did the 3DS sell when it launched in the UK? It would be good to see a comparisson.
I stated it already, 113K first week.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Never play gay chicken with Ken lol