PS Vita to have ‘surprisingly big show’ at this years E3?

AaronZ

Trophies
XP
Country
They only need a GTA or Fallout/TES game I'll grab one just for that. Honestly though I'm keeping my expectations low. Plus if it was gonna be getting tons of AAA titles this year why was their PSP+Vita forecast only 10 million?

D

Deleted_171835

They only need a GTA or Fallout/TES game I'll grab one just for that. Honestly though I'm keeping my expectations low. Plus if it was gonna be getting tons of AAA titles this year why was their PSP+Vita forecast only 10 million?
It was revised, it's 5 million now.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
*debacle*
See, this is what happens when you butt into the conversation without reading the original posts. DSGamer64 claimed that the bulk of the upcoming PSVita games are ports, when that's not the case and that's what I was arguing about. What's upcoming is "Warrior's Lair", "Phantasy Star Online 2", "KillZone: Mercenary", "Dragon's Crown", "Final Fantasy X & X-II HD Collection", "Jak & Daxter HD Collection" and "Ratchet & Clank: QForce/Full Frontal Assault", two out of which are ports.

No doubt there are more games coming up, but what I'm saying here is that the argument was about the upcoming games, not the current library of the system. There's a lot of multiplatform titles (with which I have no problems at all - I love being able to start a game at home and continue playing it when I'm outside, it's a brilliant idea) and ports on the PSVita - I agree here, but we weren't talking about the whole library, just the upcoming games. You're making a valid point, but that point has nothing to do with what we were talking about.

I also fail to understand why you're downplaying multiplatform titles so much - the fact that they're multiplatform doesn't make them bad games and we shouldn't just "scratch them off the list", especially if the title is multiplatform but Sony-exclusive like Sly Cooper or PSABR.

D

Deleted_171835

See, this is what happens when you butt into the conversation without reading the original posts. DSGamer64 claimed that the bulk of the upcoming PSVita games are ports, when that's not the case and that's what I was arguing about. What's upcoming is "Warrior's Lair", "Phantasy Star Online 2", "KillZone: Mercenary", "Dragon's Crown", "Final Fantasy X & X-II HD Collection", "Jak & Daxter HD Collection" and "Ratchet & Clank: QForce/Full Frontal Assault", two out of which are ports.

No doubt there are more games coming up, but what I'm saying here is that the argument was about the upcoming games, not the current library of the system. There's a lot of multiplatform titles (with which I have no problems at all - I love being able to start a game at home and continue playing it when I'm outside, it's a brilliant idea) and ports on the PSVita - I agree here, but we weren't talking about the whole library, just the upcoming games. You're making a valid point, but that point has nothing to do with what we were talking about.

I also fail to understand why you're downplaying multiplatform titles so much - the fact that they're multiplatform doesn't make them bad games and we shouldn't just "scratch them off the list", especially if the title is multiplatform but Sony-exclusive like Sly Cooper or PSABR.
Even if you bring up upcoming games, it's still mostly ports. Check out the list for yourself.
http://www.reddit.com/r/vita/wiki/games/releases/dates/fullna#wiki_confirmed_dates

Multiplatform games generally aren't factored in when judging the merits of a specific platform, especially a handheld. Look at my comparison with the Wii U earlier, that's a system that's often the butt of "no gaems" jokes, for good reason but if we bring up multiplats, the library doesn't look so bad. If we look at exclusive games on the Vita ignoring every multiplat/port, the number of notable games is much much smaller.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
RE: VLR, Vita>>>3DS on the grounds the Vita version performs better on a technical level.
At the risk of going offtopic, is it because of the infamous glitch or are there other factors? I would have thought that the 3DS's 2nd screen should make some things less tedious.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
At the risk of going offtopic, is it because of the infamous glitch or are there other factors? I would have thought that the 3DS's 2nd screen should make some things less tedious.
I'll be perfectly honest with you - for most puzzles, the given amount of space for notes is gravely insufficient. I played it until I got a Platinum trophy for 100% completion and I wouldn't have done it without a notepad and a pen - some things really require lots of notes and sometimes even maps - the second screen wouldn't help much in my opinion, especially since it's physically smaller than the PSVita's screen.

Even if you bring up upcoming games, it's still mostly ports. Check out the list for yourself.
And here we run into another problem, that problem being what should be considered a mini PSN title (like for example LIMBO) and what's a full-fledged release. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree - from the announced titles that I know (that are getting world-wide releases) only a couple scream "Yarr! I'm a port" so hey - that's good.

There's a lot of exclusive titles coming this year for the system and that's a reason to rejoice. As for the amount of ports, I stand by what I said - as far as retail games are concerned, there's not a lot of'em and they're not "the bulk" of the list.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, I think the PS Vita's wide selection of ports/multiplats/etc. is a problem of Sony's own design. Sony's selling this less like a handheld and more like a portable extension of your PS3 - "You can play your game at home and then take it on the go!" (Hence the cross-buy promotions and connectivity features)

Unfortunately for them, people haven't really warmed to the idea, and the multiplats/ports just look like a liability.

(A bit of a tangent, sorry.)

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, I think the PS Vita's wide selection of ports/multiplats/etc. is a problem of Sony's own design. Sony's selling this less like a handheld and more like a portable extension of your PS3 - "You can play your game at home and then take it on the go!" (Hence the cross-buy promotions and connectivity features)

Unfortunately for them, people haven't really warmed to the idea, and the multiplats/ports just look like a liability.

(A bit of a tangent, sorry.)
I've said the same thing before. The PSVita is too much like a portable console, and too little like a dedicated handheld.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM