PS Vita Slim better for Remote Play?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by WiiUBricker, Jul 6, 2016.

1. WiiUBricker
    OP

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    There are conflicting reports on the internet that suggest the Vita Slim does PS4 Remote Play more smoothly than the OLED Vita (less connection losses, less pixelation, input lag). Afaik the Vita Slim has a different Wifi chip so that could be a factor that needs to be taken into account. I don't have a Vita Slim so I can't check myself. My OLED Vita does have those random connection issues (directly connected to the PS4 in the same room) and pixelation (more noticeable during movement). Is there anyone here who own both Vita models and can share their experience?

PS: Since when did Vitas get so expensive anyway?

2. Chary

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    My OLED Vita is absolute trash at remote play. Ethernet connection on my PS4, nothing downloading in the background, 100mbps download speed, and it drops connection like a rock. I'm almost tempted to get a slim, if it's true they're better with remote play.

3. Na7thana

Na7thana Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    I've never really heard of this before but I don't have any problem using remote play on my OLED vita or my vita slim with my PS4. Might vary from device to device though.

4. tatumanu

tatumanu GBAtemp Fan

Nov 1, 2004
    Portugal
    My dear OLED works pretty awesome with remote play ... i barely notice any compression noise... but i never touched a Slim so idk!

5. Tikker

Tikker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    ditto

remote play seems to work just fine on my Vita and on my tablet. it runs like an absolute dog on my laptop tho (i7, 16gb ram, etc)