ps vita slim 3.68 h encore boot time

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by matthi321, Oct 4, 2018.

1. matthi321
    OP

matthi321 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 14, 2013
    hello so i have found a good deal on a ps vita slim with is on 3.68 but as 3.68 cant cold boot im wondering how long time it will take to boot up h encore?

2. windhazard

windhazard GBAtemp Fan

Mar 23, 2016
    Germany
    Like a few seconds? And the success rate is also a lot higher than Henkaku on 3.60.

3. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Addict

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    Nintendo works for my dad
    While genrally versions 3.60 or 3.65 are recommended because of their coldboot abilities, if you found a really good deal for a 3.67 or 3.68 vita, just go for it. Running h-encore is fully offline, and it really takes only 5-10 seconds to launch it after a reboot, if you leave the device in sleep mode there is no need to run h-encore after waking the device.

So, not having coldboot ability is only a very minor inconvenience. There is no need to desperately search for a vita =< 3.65 or pay an extra premium for a =< 3.65 model.

Last edited by Localhorst86, Oct 4, 2018
  4. matthi321
    OP

matthi321 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 14, 2013
    ok thanks for the answer guys

5. Tri-Z

Tri-Z Tri z

Nov 25, 2005
    United States
    USA
    From an enso user: I have 3.65 enso and I leave mine in standby all the time. Seems to use less power if it sits in standby then if sits full power down. Like a real noticeable difference. I only keep it and not update cause there’s no real gain to be at latter firmware. with compat packs for games that require higher firm and the enso itls hack to beable to visit github on vita, I’m fine where I’m at but if ended up updating by accident or whatever , I wouldn’t really be upset.
    When I decided to update from 3.60 HENkaku Ensō to 3.65 HENkaku Ensō I used the h encore and it’s literally seconds like others mentioned. And it stays in live area as a bubble so it’s quick and simple to access and run it.

6. Durelle

Durelle Acadien Einnnn~!

GBAtemp Patron
    Durelle is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 22, 2016
    Canada
    NB, Canada
    Boot Vita
    Launch H-encore
    -> install (takes1 second)
    -> Exit (takes 2-3 seconds)

your on cfw

easy as that