Gaming PS Vita Skype Group

nxtgamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. No one would give you their Skype ID, knowing that it is THAT easy to get someone's IP and do damage
2. If you really want to do something like this - stop being completely ridiculous, download Discord and make a server like all normal people do

Discord is way less popular then Skype so who is normal ?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no need to put someone else down on their decision to use what they feel comfortable with. Recommending discord was enough instead of also insulting skype or his decision to use it. If people wanna use skype, there no reason to tell them not to or shame it. But to be honest, i think discord is a better option since it can host servers for you to inivite by codes, instead of sharing id which may be more problematic to set up especially on vita. But i can see why you may want to use it since you did mention PS vita, i assume is cause you are able to use skyp on it unlike discord which is not on vita.

If that is the case, i understand and is nothing wrong with that, but vita skype is very limited as to only supporting video or voice, with no text, files or image sharing, so is something to consider if maybe you have another mobile device or PC perhaps.:unsure:

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to poke fun, but if skype were more popular, then why is there at least 2 discord servers for the PS Vita already each with over 90 people in them, yet there doesn't seem to be any skype ones?

Check and Mate, OP.
Discord >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Skype

Reactions: dimmidice

LuxerWap

The Green Husky with a Broken Tail
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mostly use Discord or Telegram. I've completely forgot about Skype and every time I look at it, I always say, "Why did I downloaded this again?"

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I use both. I find audio quality better in Skype but it uses more bandwidth. Discord is better for groups/parties in games.

But AFAIK, Discord does not offer screen sharing. One small feature of Skype, even if few know how to get it working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs