PS VITA running 3.63. Any way to get homebrew?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by steocullen91, Feb 5, 2017.

1. steocullen91
    OP

steocullen91 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2017
    Dublin
    Hi. As the title says I have a vita that was updated like 2 weeks ago but I never though of CFW until now. I've never modded a vita before so don't wanna do anything unless I'm sure or I can.

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    The best you can get is ARK for PSP mode ISOs and homebrew, but AFAIK it still requires a 3.60 Vita so you can transfer the bubble.

3.63 will likely never be exploited on its own, and as far as I'm aware downgrading will likely be impossible as well.

3. windhazard

windhazard GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2016
    Gambia, The
    No, you can't. Sell it and find another <=3.60, or buy a motherboard with FW <=3.60 and replace it yourself.

4. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Disregard the post above. Tom is right. You can get at least PSP homebrew on a 3.63 Vita. For this you need someone with a 3.60 Vita whom you trust. They can provide you with a VHBL bubble that you can install with QCMA. More info here.

5. Jimmay123

Jimmay123 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2015
    delfino plaza
    dont suppose anyone could make a bubble and cm backup for me on my account
    the tread wiiUbricker linked is closed to replies and i really need it done

pretty much bought a pre owned vita hoping it would be henkaku able but it came updated which leaves me with vhbl but ive got no friends with hacked vitas

Last edited by Jimmay123, Feb 7, 2017