GameWinner

Take your heart
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rainie.jpg
Rainie Yang, Sony Computer Entertainment Taiwan's new spokeswoman has become a PR nightmare, following a large fumble she made when asked about her favourite PlayStation game, answering with Nintendo's flagship title Super Mario Bros.
In an attempt to divert attention from her mistake which only further added to the embarrasment, Yang proceeded to pose with Sony's new handheld, only to hold it the wrong way up.
This isn't the first time that Yang has made embarrasing remarks in the media, as in 2003 she stated that the Second Sino-Japanese War was eleven years long, when in fact it lasted only eight years.
Yang has since apologized, stating that it was her decision to leave school early to pursue her entertainment career that has left her at a disadvantage, and has said she promises to study her history a bit more.
http://www.the-magic...me111029b.shtml

Reactions: 4 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But she's hot so who gives a shit.

Yeah, it's kinda obvious that she was chosen for some assets and not others, if you catch my drift.

EDIT: By the way, that image was really large so I just put a generic Vita image up. If anyone feels like resizing the image in the article then go ahead. She's hot so at least it's good eye candy.

Reactions: 5 people

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So lemme get this straight: She doesn't know history, she doesn't know videogames, she doesn't know the company she's supposedly representing? Sounds to me like she also doesn't know how to do PR either.

Reactions: 2 people

SparkFenix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But she's hot so who gives a shit.

Yeah, it's kinda obvious that she was chosen for some assets and not others, if you catch my drift.

EDIT: By the way, that image was really large so I just put a generic Vita image up. If anyone feels like resizing the image in the article then go ahead. She's hot so at least it's good eye candy.

I have to admit, only on a second glance did I notice she was holding a PSVita.

GameWinner

Take your heart
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't notice the first time around but the apps on the Vita aren't upside down, so they must adjust like some in use apps on an iPod or iPad.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
She's there only for looks, and must be the greatest airhead in Sony, Rainie is a hottie and screwable and I have a fetish for the cute and hot airhead but still she's a poor choice as a rep.

Go back to school honey bunny, that's my advice.

Reactions: 5 people

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Well well if it isnt Rainie Yang. I remeber listening to Show Luo's song when i suddenly stumbled upon her in one of his songs. But this... Lol....

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Just listened to the full interview (in Mandarin of course). Rainie Yang was asked what her favourite video games were, with no specific mention of console, platform, or company. Her reply was:

"I loved playing Super Mario Bros. as a child, but nowadays I prefer to play various sports games like the golf game It was demonstrating on the Vita. I also enjoy games with more action, especially the various shooters that are present on the PlayStation platforms. In fact, I often play online [on the PlayStation Network] anonymously, so a lot of guys will probably have played with or against me without even knowing it."

Yay for myself actually having a full understanding to what she said. =.=" The source shouldn't blatantly criticize a person without fully confirming the scenario. She wasn't specifically asked regarding a favourite PlayStation game, but about video games in general.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Just listened to the full interview (in Mandarin of course). Rainie Yang was asked what her favourite video games were, with no specific mention of console, platform, or company. Her reply was:

"I loved playing Super Mario Bros. as a child, but nowadays I prefer to play various sports games like the golf game It was demonstrating on the Vita. I also enjoy games with more action, especially the various shooters that are present on the PlayStation platforms. In fact, I often play online [on the PlayStation Network] anonymously, so a lot of guys will probably have played with or against me without even knowing it."

The source probably mistranslated the interview. Yay for myself actually having a full understanding to what she said. =.="
Im a half chinese, but doesnt understand chinese xD. Even if i did it would most likely be cantonese seeing as my grandparents speak that language o.o.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
She's holding the Vita upside down in the pic. And even though she said the words "as a child" she still gave free advertising to Ninty.

Sony, ahh Sony :rofl:

If anything her statement can be seen as "Nintendo is for kids, Sony is where it's at for adult/mature gamers", hence why she played Mario "as a kid" but plays "shooters on the Playstation Network" now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun