Status
Not open for further replies.

HeyitSnake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello Im new here so , nice to meet you guys! So Im looking to buy a ps vita but I've searched and seen rumors that's impossible to use isos , downloable games like everybody used to do in psp , it's really true ? When I search for a ps vita game iso only appears to me a damn surey with part of Sony I think. Anyone can confirm me if Ps vita is really hackable like psp was? Thanks!

Reactions: Margen67

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depending on Firmware you can install ecfw which is like the modded psp firmware allowing psp iso/cso gameplay.

psvita native homebrew is just taking off. only thing I've seen worth while is snes9x ported to the vita.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ive fallen behind in the vita scene so It appears any firmware can install psp iso's now. thought you still had to have an exploit game. my apologies
in theory yes, but that method is everything but very usable. Its quite the hassle.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
you wouldnt be able to play any vita iso at all.
ISO = Optical Medium
ROM = Flash based medium
So you play Roms, and it that case there seemd to be something in the making.
http://wololo.net/2015/09/24/huge-u...e-going-to-release-a-massive-hacking-package/
Oh yeah but ya know what I meant XDXD :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ive fallen behind in the vita scene so It appears any firmware can install psp iso's now. thought you still had to have an exploit game. my apologies
That was released today. It was thanks to this

PSTV Whitelist – How to play All Vita games on your PS TV with simplified steps & video

HeyitSnake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow , thanks a lot for the explanation, but with that in the bag , how is suposed to find a ps vita game with the iso? What I find is fake downloaders?

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow , thanks a lot for the explanation, but with that in the bag , how is suposed to find a ps vita game with the iso? What I find is fake downloaders?
you cant find psvita roms. but i guess you mean psp iso. well we cant help you there but try using google .

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Free" games.

That's an... interesting term used. "Free".
Bear in mind that it takes millions of dollars just to make one of those "free" games. To develop it, to bring it to market, to put it out there. And right now, at this point, there are companies that exist where a single game can either keep their families fed, or break their company and have them end up on the street. I've seen some of my favorite developers fade away in recent years, good companies like Cing. They went bankrupt and closed up shop.

Was it because of the massive amounts of piracy on handhelds the previous generation? Perhaps.

But I do know that I'll never get a Trace Memory or another Hotel Dusk game ever again.

Even knowing that, the PSN has frequent weekly sales in which they heavily discount games immensely. I've seen everything from classic titles to contemporary stuff being discounted to less than ten bucks, sometimes even cheaper than that.

If you can't afford the cost of an Extra Value Meal from McDonalds, you might want to prioritize a bit.

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And, as was mentioned prior, one can always wait for a PSN sale. I've seen everything from Persona 4 Golden to Peace Walker discounted to an almost baffingly low level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM