Hacking PS Vita flashcart wishes

John_Enigma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know this may sound impossible, but considering that Sony no longer supports the PS Vita, yet it keeps receiving a lot of third-party games, wouldn't it be awesome for some people that created a PS Vita flashcart, much alike a regular DS flashcart?

It would be nice for that to happen. Just imagine it:

1. You can play any kind of PS Vita game inside there from any region.
2. You can also use to develop other emulators, and other homebrew.
3. It would be SDHC (fat32) and SDXC (exfat) Memory Card compatible, up to 512 Gb of storage.
4. PS Vita games are game cards rather than what the predecessor used which was UMD game discs, so why pass on this opportunity.

Can you post what you would want in a PS Vita flashcart?

Note: Be honest about your opinions, but remember to be realist, and to keep it clean, please. Also, does anybody know if something like this exists?

D

Deleted User

The Cobra team announced a Vita Flashcart a while back. But it was bullshit since they haven't said any more details since then.

Regarding flashcart wishes, I would probably like to see the Vita properly hacked first (common/decryption/signing keys leaked). This way, we can produce a CFW to destroy the security and launch stuff from the flashcart, a bit of a similar process to Gateway3DS.

On the more brighter side, it would be certainly cool to implement savestates and RAM/memory editing, so we can make cheats for Vita games (Like I say, this is all similar to Gateway.) and we could perhaps even make a process where you can completely dump a gamecard to your memory card and then play the roms/isos from there!

But still, keeping it real, it would be a hell of a long time before anything like the above could be achieved.

1. You can play any kind of PS Vita game inside there from any region.
As far as I know, the PS Vita is already region free. (Still, I guess there's some Vita apps which haven't made it to the US/EU.)

Last edited by ,

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Regarding flashcart wishes, I would probably like to see the Vita properly hacked first (common/decryption/signing keys leaked). This way, we can produce a CFW to destroy the security and launch stuff from the flashcart, a bit of a similar process to Gateway3DS.
With the Vita being as secure as it is, it's far more likely that a flashcart manufacturer will find such exploits before a homebrew dev. Yifanlu's always said he'd be happy to see something like Gateway (cart utilizing system exploits to work) so that he could pick apart their work and make use of the exploits.

Reactions: Deleted User

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'd hope it'll be like the PSP where there would also be CFW and you can install games directly to the Vita MMC

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
The obvious bonus of a flashcart - not that I think there ever will be one - would be to make it like the SuperCard DSTWO as has been suggested, with a CFW and a microSD card slot so you can store your whole game collection as ISO or BIN files. Also easily having home screen shortcuts for every app and game rather than the convoluted custom bubble nonsense we have to do now. Probably still need a Vita memory card for savegames due to how the games address the hardware, but it wouldn't need to contain everything if you already have it on a microSD card in the flashcart.

I can't see it being viable at all though, for the amount of time/money/effort required to do exploits on a device well-known for being secure and manufacture a flashcart that only a few thousand people will buy, if that. And I bet it'd only take one firmware update from Sony to break that flashcart, too, should there ever be one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Find the studio rips, like a few GBs per song lol