PS Vita Fat Battery Drain When Turned Off

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Mariemario, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Mariemario
    OP

Mariemario Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2018
    Indonesia
    Hi guys! My vita has a battery problem. I left my vita overnight turned off while the battery was full. The next morning when I tried to turn it on, it won't turn on. I have to recharge it every day. When the battery was full I can play several hours straight. I have tried swapped the battery but the problem still remains. I got it secondhand. Is there anyway to fix this?

2. Mariemario
    OP

Mariemario Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2018
    Indonesia
    It is a PS Vita 1100 3G model

Last edited by Mariemario, Oct 22, 2018
  3. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    I leave mine on sleep mode, it doesn't drain that much, why don't you leave it on sleep mode instead of power off.

4. Mariemario
    OP

Mariemario Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2018
    Indonesia
    It is the same whether I leave it in sleep mode or turned off. The battery only last 15 hours or so in sleep mode and turned off. But I can play it for several hours straight. I'm confused

5. Hayato213

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    The new battery is new or it is used?

6. Mariemario
    OP

Mariemario Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2018
    Indonesia
    The new battery is from other ps vita unit. The battery is fine I think because the other vita can last long time when I put it in sleep mode or turned off.

7. Hayato213

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    I believe you can find out the find out the current max capacity of the battery vs the design capacity using vitaident, if the number is low that might be your problem or somehow something is draining your battery even on sleep mode, check your plugins.

8. Mariemario
    OP

Mariemario Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2018
    Indonesia
    Okay I'll install vitaident once the battery is full. Thanks for your help, I'll report back