Hacking PS Vita CFW for PSP emulation ETA

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree that no-one should be compelled to re-purchase games, but equally there's no entitlement to play UMD's you've bought on a machine that doesn't support UMD's. Wishing for a CFW for that purpose alone is just as bad as wanting it for anything else...

so it's ok for corporate companies to lock out features so you have to rebuy everything again that you already paid for putting you out of pocket? ps3 does it with hd collections, and the new wii u will be locking out gc compatibility, please save your rambling on why you feel justified to be ripped off, i am not interested.

Yeah, fuck you nintendo for not putting an n64 slot on the Wii. And hell, the fact that you can't even use NES controllers on it? What the shit?

larazonclara

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan

Hey man,

I ma from the whine/rant post... Ehm I hope you don't mind this post, but I would like to apologize myself for my childish behavior and I hope you can forgive. I've had my reasons to rant, because 2 friends asked me 20 times yesterday if the PS Vita was hacked yet and when it would happen I guess your topic was the limit for me and I was like *FUUUUUUUUU* you know xD

But again let's be friends and I will not make this happen ever again!

It's cool dude, no hard feelings. Not my first day on the internet!
"I cannot PIRATEEEEEEE, WHYYYYYY" , so basically the only reason you buy a console is to play pirated game on it ? and then that console is basically obsolete if you can't pirate ?

Are you directing this at me? On the off chance that you are; can you read?

Vita fanboys :lol: you lot are adorable

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Referring to Foxi's post) Not just hardware sales, but software, to some degree. Some people also purchase the games after "trying" them, and who knows, they might recommend the game to their friends and they end up buying it too. Taking out piracy =! more profit, since these dirty, dirty pirates wouldn't have bought the game anyway. For all it's worth I agree with Foxi4 about hackers are not the same as the people who use these exploits for illegal means. For most of these people, hacking is a challenge and their hobby, it is not in their intentions to leave meat out for vultures to come and use these exploits for piracy.

The Go didn't have an effective and widespread UMD to digital format and that was the same game library, so if you think about it logically, why would the Vita? Because Sony has learned their lesson? I don't think so.

Right now, I haven't bought a Vita. I would have bought it at launch if I wanted high chances of it being hackable, but I don't aim to pirate on it. Speculating about a release on a loader when the person speculating himself isn't even following the scene or trying it himself is pointless, and would only aim to piss off people. If this PSP loader does come, I would use it, I admit, but I won't complain about there not being one and would just play on my PSP for the time being.

Or maybe be less of a cheapskate and get a Vita and buy the PSP games I really like. Maybe.

Edit: this thread moves fast. Lol.
Normally I'm in the nintendo section, but I caught this bit on the piracy stuff and had to agree with foxi and zygie. Allow me to tell you a story about sonys olden days. A lot of people say "Oh nintendo sucks, playstation better!" And vice versa. What a ton of people DO NOT KNOW, is the playstation originally was to be a joint venture with nintendo and sony. YES, SONY AND NINTENDO WERE PARTNERS, WHO WOULDA THUNK?! The problem was, nintendo saw that because the playstation used cd's, the games could easily be pirated. Nintendo backed out, and sony was left to try and venture into the gaming business on its lonesome. The outcome? Sony released its playstation system, and its games were pirated. Know what that did? Increased the sales of the playstation as fast as the Amish can build a barn. The piracy worked in sony's favor, and it hurt nintendo. BAD. But you see, piracy can be debated as much as humanly possible. But theres no denying it'll make a system thats able to be pirated, sell like mad. Oh, if you would like my source on the Sony/Nintendo partnership, I suggest you read David Sheffs: Game Over How Nintendo Conquered The World. Amazing gaming history book, it does not only focus on nintendo, you can learn a lot you may not have known. I will edit my post if I can find a source link to the book itself, or other info

Jupiterman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Part of the reason I love reading posts on the DS and PSP/Vita boards is because 90% of posts are pirates yelling at other pirates not to be pirates because pirating should only be for special pirates that know what the word "homebrew" means.

larazonclara

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I suggest you read David Sheffs: Game Over How Nintendo Conquered The World. Amazing gaming history book, it does not only focus on nintendo, you can learn a lot you may not have known. I will edit my post if I can find a source link to the book itself, or other info

That sound's awesome, will be grabbing a copy!

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
(Referring to Foxi's post) Not just hardware sales, but software, to some degree. Some people also purchase the games after "trying" them, and who knows, they might recommend the game to their friends and they end up buying it too. Taking out piracy =! more profit, since these dirty, dirty pirates wouldn't have bought the game anyway. For all it's worth I agree with Foxi4 about hackers are not the same as the people who use these exploits for illegal means. For most of these people, hacking is a challenge and their hobby, it is not in their intentions to leave meat out for vultures to come and use these exploits for piracy.

The Go didn't have an effective and widespread UMD to digital format and that was the same game library, so if you think about it logically, why would the Vita? Because Sony has learned their lesson? I don't think so.

Right now, I haven't bought a Vita. I would have bought it at launch if I wanted high chances of it being hackable, but I don't aim to pirate on it. Speculating about a release on a loader when the person speculating himself isn't even following the scene or trying it himself is pointless, and would only aim to piss off people. If this PSP loader does come, I would use it, I admit, but I won't complain about there not being one and would just play on my PSP for the time being.

Or maybe be less of a cheapskate and get a Vita and buy the PSP games I really like. Maybe.

Normally I'm in the nintendo section, but I caught this bit on the piracy stuff and had to agree with foxi and zygie. Allow me to tell you a story about sonys olden days. A lot of people say "Oh nintendo sucks, playstation better!" And vice versa. What a ton of people DO NOT KNOW, is the playstation originally was to be a joint venture with nintendo and sony. YES, SONY AND NINTENDO WERE PARTNERS, WHO WOULDA THUNK?! The problem was, nintendo saw that because the playstation used cd's, the games could easily be pirated. Nintendo backed out, and sony was left to try and venture into the gaming business on its lonesome. The outcome? Sony released its playstation system, and its games were pirated. Know what that did? Increased the sales of the playstation as fast as the Amish can build a barn. The piracy worked in sony's favor, and it hurt nintendo. BAD. But you see, piracy can be debated as much as humanly possible. But theres no denying it'll make a system thats able to be pirated, sell like mad. Oh, if you would like my source on the Sony/Nintendo partnership, I suggest you read David Sheffs: Game Over How Nintendo Conquered The World. Amazing gaming history book, it does not only focus on nintendo, you can learn a lot you may not have known. I will edit my post if I can find a source link to the book itself, or other info

Um...no. Nintendo broke the deal with Sony because they couldn't come to the agreement of how they would share the revinue, so Nintendo partnered with Phillips to produce games for the CD-i. The CD-i games were dead in the water, so they went their own way to make the 64DD, which was also a flop. In the end, Both Nintendo's and Sony's games were pirated. Just look up the Doctor v64.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Um...no. Nintendo broke the deal with Sony because they couldn't come to the agreement of how they would share the revinue, so Nintendo partnered with Phillips to produce games for the CD-i. The CD-i games were dead in the water, so they went their own way to make the 64DD, which was also a flop. In the end, Both Nintendo's and Sony's games were pirated. Just look up the Doctor v64.
Are you sure? This right here: "Nintendo approached Sony to develop a CD-ROM add-on, tentatively titled the "SNES-CD". A contract was signed, and work began. Nintendo's choice of Sony was due to a prior dealing: Ken Kutaragi, the person who would later be dubbed "The Father of the PlayStation", was the individual who had sold Nintendo on using the Sony SPC-700 processor for use as the eight-channel ADPCM sound set in the Super Famicom/SNES console through an impressive demonstration of the processor's capabilities.[12]
Sony also planned to develop a Super Nintendo-compatible, Sony-branded console, but one which would be more of a home entertainment system playing both Super Nintendo cartridges and a new CD format which Sony would design. This was also to be the format used in SNES-CDs, giving a large degree of control to Sony despite Nintendo's leading position in the video gaming market.
The product, dubbed the "Play Station" was to be announced at the May 1991 Consumer Electronics Show (CES). However, when Nintendo's Hiroshi Yamauchi read the original 1988 contract between Sony and Nintendo, he realized that the earlier agreement essentially handed Sony complete control over any and all titles written on the SNES CD-ROM format. Yamauchi decided that the contract was totally unacceptable and he secretly canceled all plans for the joint Nintendo-Sony SNES CD attachment."

Says otherwise. While I did not post mine correctly, I think we were both a little mistaken. My source is still my book, and wikipedia. While wikipedia may not be the MOST credible source, I also can find similar pages on http://psx.ign.com/a...0/060188p1.html
EDIT: Forgive me, I did not quote anything about the partnership with phillips, that did happen like you said, I was referring to the reason they backed out of the contract though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr